PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi Diamond pro woe

tony draper
27th Feb 2003, 11:13
Me luvly 19" diamond pro monitor started exhibiting some classic dry joint symptoms,not complaining its been running continously for about three years and its not in the best position ventilation wise, and Drapes can sort dry joints no prob.
Its just taken me four bloody hours to get the poxy mother board out, had to remove the tube to get to the buggah, spiffing monitor badly thunk out maintenence wise.
Only hope to god I can get the sod back together again. :*

Tinstaafl
27th Feb 2003, 16:48
Bloody well done!

Damned if I could have imagined/remembered all the key presses & cursor positions to log on & type what you've just typed... :p

Ant
1st Mar 2003, 10:49
drapes,

could you say what the symptoms of a dry joint are.
We have a 3 yr. old Gateway EV700 which has recently started doing a spontaneous partial de-gauss, sometimes accompanied by a buzz with grey lines crawling up the screen, leaving the colours awry.
Switch off and switch on solves, but annoying. Am handy with soldering iron but wouldn't be sure how to I.D. a dry joint.
Ta.

tony draper
1st Mar 2003, 21:53
Not sure if a dry joint is your problem Ant, but it will do no harm to check.

Run yer iron over underside of the board, bad/good places for dry joints are the legs of transistors on heat sinks, transformers, sometimes its possible to see a faint ring of oxidisation around a dry joint but not always,might be a hint of burning if it has been arcing, be carefull you don't short across any tracks though.
Most monitors I have come haven't been difficult to get at the motherboard, this one was a right pig,
Anyway its ok now still havent got it back into the case yet though, been busy doing other stuff