PDA

View Full Version : uk tax write down allowances help needed

md 600 driver
27th Feb 2003, 07:33
the hm gov has informed me that the new writedown allowance for helicopters is 6% now

helicopters are now a longterm asset

has anyone any knowledge of any higher allowances being given
i am shorly appealing to the tax commisioners and any info would be usefull

when you buy a new helicopter 10 percent of the cost must go in sales commision/costs and it must lose at least 10% value in the first year if the IR only give 6% everyone must be 14%at least down

also the 6%allowance is allowable each year [ as a longterm asset ]
if you bought a helicopter for 1,000,000 you could claim 60,000 in the first year however if you sold it for 800,000, now as a long term asset you would claim 60,000 this year and 60.000 next yearand so on ,[not as the old way of working out the tax ,you would show that loss in that tax year] and so on untill your 200,000 loss has been used up

i hope you can understand my ravings putting pen to paper has never been one of my strong points

please this is to uk tax payers as other countries do it different

heliport feel free to edit so it can be read easier

REMEMBER THIS WILL AFFECT EVERY HELICOPTER IN THE UK AND ULTIMATELEY YOU.
if you wish to reply to me privately send a pm all information will be kept private if required any info is good info

md 600 driver
28th Feb 2003, 15:21
43 members have read this message nobody has replied

how many of you are owners in the uk ?

how many of you have lots of money to burn ?

well i do not wish to pay the hm gov extra money in taxes you lot obviosley do

when i have been before the tax commisioners to sort this out for my self please do not ask me how you to get out of paying this new tax rate as i wont tell you .

i will sign off now as you will no doubt wish to bad mouth some other pilot ,or company,or manufacturer as posts relating to this do well .

regards steve..

Vizsla
28th Feb 2003, 16:18
Perhaps they already paid good money to their accountants and wont part with the info for nothing?

md 600 driver
28th Feb 2003, 20:35
you have a point there but it is a recent thing

Thomas coupling
2nd Mar 2003, 08:06
Don't get your knickers in a twist MD600 perhaps the 43 'viewers' of your post:
1. don't own their own chopper.
2. haven't got a new chopper.
3. Have sorted this out ages ago.
4. have difficulty understanding what you are saying.
5. Will sort it out eventually but can't be bothered to reply.

blah blah...

Go and have a quiet lie down in a dark room and think of all that money you have now saved............. :=