View Full Version : Sidies!

StopStart
27th Feb 2003, 07:17
Page 17, today's Daily Hellograph.

Facial hair respect to the Fin driver (?) in the photo! I'm assuming there was a det competition to get the most ridiculous sidies on TV/in the paper! :D :D Clear winner!
Obviously those boys are in clear need of a Tac Admin Wing det with associated SWO support :D :D :D :D

BTW, I bet those two do a mean Derek and Clive impersonation act ;)

Keep 'em peeled chaps and good luck! :)

Wycombe
27th Feb 2003, 07:40
...same unnamed occifer (assumed, as rank slides not visible due LSJ) also made it onto BBC News last night.

Perhaps we'll also see a ridiculous 'tache competition aswell (was it Pablo we all remember seeing on telly with the handlebars in GW1)

teeteringhead
27th Feb 2003, 08:23
Please please no more Pablos!! One was (more than) enough ... and he can't still have a reserve committment ..... can he?? :eek: :eek: :eek:

The English Passenger
27th Feb 2003, 10:21
Said chap was Navy when we went through flying training together. Unless he has formally crossed over to the RAF then he can probably get away with it under Navy rules!

Fire 'n' Forget
27th Feb 2003, 19:44
He He I 'mentioned' in passing today to one of the airmen that his "sidies" were a bit long............. and he used the excuse that his sidies were not as long as that "pilot Guy" on the news, still told him to get them cut !! with the adage that 'He' will get told to cut his if they protrude below his helmet.....:rolleyes:

CrabInCab
27th Feb 2003, 22:16
EP. Don't want to be a kill joy but it might not be the best time in the year to be posting informative gems about this chaps past. Just a thought, take it as you wish.

RoboAlbert
28th Feb 2003, 08:51
CrabinCab - seems a bit late now since the guy has been plastered across the papers and the worlds TV. I agree that such publicity is a bad idea given the real possibility of crews finding themselves on the wrong side of the lines. However, they've all done the courses so they should know better - unless they're being pushed forward by their Boss or the PR machine.

Mind you I can't wait for the results of next weeks 'Grand Goatee Competition'....:=

kbf1
28th Feb 2003, 11:56
A Pablo's 'tache is something we should all aspire to, it was pure entertainment value! :0

I'll GMC!

Dunhovrin
28th Feb 2003, 13:51
[Moved from t'other thread]

Ferchrissake!

Where did they get that pilot from? He looked like my 2 year old with a felt-tip.

At least they paired him with a well-competent nav. OGB - his initials according to Th'Times. Uh-huh. So not short for Old Grey B@stard then. Is he painting the noses of the Fins out there?

Annanotherthing. The DetCo said 'we've got all we need out here'. Didn't sodding share it with the SH mates did you? Fits well into the TT category as used by Virgin Hosties.

Tornado ****.

That is all - carry on.:}

gijoe
28th Feb 2003, 14:19
The growing of sidies is a symptom of denial of acceptance that it is going on top - picture in Torygraph says all.

:cool: