PDA

View Full Version : HTML e mail problems

Biggles Flies Undone
26th Feb 2003, 14:39
Think the problem may be with my browser settings, but I don’t want to fiddle without input from the experts!

Accessing HTML (personal) e mails at work was fine until we got our super new PCs – now the only way I can read them is by using WordPad.

My old home PC was the same but, when I recently upgraded to a state of the art new one, I hoped HTML might be a problem of the past. Not so.

Is it something to do with Java settings in the browser? All input much appreciated!

Also, at work, the click & drag highlighting feature in Word in the new PCs scrolls at a crazy rate and this has our techies stumped (not difficult) – any ideas?

Thanks all!

Ausatco
27th Feb 2003, 01:56
BFU,

Can't help you re the HTML emails - sorry.

Re the Word problem: On my old system Word97 on Win98SE does as you say - click and drag highlighting over page boundaries occurs at lightning speed and is uncontrollable.

The work-around is to place the cursor at the start of the area you want to select, scroll to the end of the area, press and hold Shift and click.

On my new system Word 2002 on XP doesn't seem to have the same problem.

Cheers

AA

Biggles Flies Undone
27th Feb 2003, 15:04
Thanks a lot for that AA - you've made my life a whole lot easier! :ok:

Now if I could just sort out how to view those damn HTML messages properly......

Dick Fisher
1st Mar 2003, 15:01
Assuming you use Outlook to access your e-mails, go to "tools, "options" then "mail format".

This allows you to set up how you send and view e-mail.

If you've got some other mail programme, the way to change the format may be different, but reading the "help" file might be a good starting point.