PDA

View Full Version : Air Wales to introduce new London-Wales link

Simon Lumley
26th Feb 2003, 08:04
According to BBC Ceefax page 124 last night (Tuesday 25th February), Air Wales are to launch new services from Cardiff and Swansea to London (London-City I assume).

Services are likely to begin at the end of March, with prices starting at £39 return.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Buster the Bear
26th Feb 2003, 08:43
Air Wales web site has no futher info, but I have seen the teletext news relating to this service.

Not sure how the route can compete with the train. Cardiff airport is a good drive from the commercial centre in Cardiff.

The train journey between the two cities is around 2 hours with no check in either end.

http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/happy/85565.gif

WHBM
26th Feb 2003, 11:40
Teletext this morning has been edited to say the new route from Cardiff to London has been announced by Air Wales, but they haven't decided which airport in London it will be to yet.

This seems rather unlikely. So does anyone know where it will be to? I would have thought that interlining connections would be important to such a route.

JB007
26th Feb 2003, 13:35
I would hazard a guess at LTN or STN, both of which are approx 45 mins by train into central London....guess we'll have to see...

Anyone know what BMI baby's loads are like up to Scotland from CWL ? I would have thought that would be an excellent route for Air Wales if they could compete...

The Big Bad Daddy
26th Feb 2003, 15:11
It's London City, if you look at LCY website it will show the AW services from SWS and CWL at the end of March.

On the AW website if you check terms and conditions it will say passengers travelling to LCY can check in 15 minutes before departure providing they are carrying hand luggage only.

The Train service from Swansea to London is appalling and very unreliable. Flights start at £39 one way for the 50 minute trip using the ATR 42.

Building work has commenced at SWS for a new terminal and the ILS is being installed as we speak.

Upto 100 jobs are being created from Pilots, Cabin crew, Ground staff and around 30 jobs for the new Air Wales reservations call centre and Travel Agent in Swansea City centre. :)