PDA

View Full Version : Sandy Thompson at ATA

redsnail
25th Feb 2003, 22:06
I popped into ATA today to catch up with the lads and Hilary. Pete Quinlan informed me that while Sandy was in Australia (looking up old haunts no doubt) he took ill.
He came back home and was successfully operated on last week for stomach cancer. I believe the prognosis is good and we should see him back at the Old Mill Coventry soon.
Speedy recovery :)

Flypuppy
25th Feb 2003, 23:08
Here's wishing Sandy a speedy recovery.
The world would be a far better place if there were more people like Sandy around.

Ballymoss
26th Feb 2003, 09:05
Speedy recovery Sandy,

What a guy.....PFM!

Never would have achieved ATPL without his best efforts.

JB007
26th Feb 2003, 13:25
All the very best Sandy and a speedy recovery..

Sandy and the two Pete's at ATA are all fantastic, ditto with Ballymoss's comments...

DoleBoy
26th Feb 2003, 18:27
I must admit the stories held my attention much more than Perf 'A'
here's wishing you a speedy return to health Sandy and best wishes to all at ATA.

Regards DB

;)

Smokie
27th Feb 2003, 10:37
Sandy if you read this,

Heres hoping you have a speedy recovery mate.
You certainly helped unravel the mysteries of "Perf A" for me.

Get Well Soon Mate. :)

My 737
27th Feb 2003, 23:52
Get well Sandy, you made it so easy for us, a true teacher and gentleman.
All the best to Pete, Pete, Danny and all at ATA.
Speedy recovery mate. :ok:

Fuzzy Duck
28th Mar 2003, 16:55
All the very best Sandy, from a grateful student, Class of '94.

Twosheds Jackson
29th Mar 2003, 18:26
And ditto from the class of 97. Sandy, Petes et al had all the hints and tips to enable 20 out of 21 to get them all first time.

Time for a 'Dish of Tea'!! methinks.

John Boeman
29th Mar 2003, 22:17
Back in the dark days in early 1990, Sandy’s ability to get one smiling while dealing with the drudgery of Perf A etc was amazing and greatly appreciated. It was even more appreciated later during the course when a certain large airline went bust. (The subsequent glut of qualified, experienced pilots meant that only four of a class of fifteen at W.W. managed to hang on and eventually make it to the “big iron.”)
Thanks again Sandy. Hope you are well on the way to full recovery.

captainkilner
29th Mar 2003, 23:20
All the best Sandy mate,

All the class of April 2002 are thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery.

There's a couple of bottles of chanin blanc awaiting your recovery down the mill.

Best wishes mate !!

Hi to Hilary, Pete Q, Pete lines, Mike B and thanks for the hard work getting us through the exams and hope to see you all soon.

Neil, Pat, Dean, Chris, Jonny, Brendan & Stavros :D :D