PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Florida FTO’s 28 Feb - would like to meet current students

tanz
25th Feb 2003, 15:39
I’m flying out to Florida on Friday 28 February for five days to check out some of the flight training organisations and what they have to offer. If at all possible I would like to meet up with anyone who is currently in Florida at one of the following schools as I would like to chat with students who are currently going through courses with these various academies to get a realistic spin on what things are like as opposed to the spin that the FTO will try to sell me. The FTO’s I'm planning on visiting are Comair, European Flight Training, International Flight Training Academy, Naples Air Centre, and Orlando Flight Training. Also, anyone who has had recent experiences good or bad with any of these organisations, please feel free to drop me a personal message.

Freeborn1, any chance we can hook up in Sanford?

Cheers,

BMW Man
26th Feb 2003, 01:03
Tanz

Naples have ceased trading due to spiralling insurance costs (I am a F**CKING JINX, somebody please train me!!!!), IFTA seem to get a very bad press (due to the proprietor I believe, not the facility or staff). I am about to approach EFT, AAA and Orlando for a timewarp PPL through to MEP. Might see you over there;)

Beemer

ArcherII
26th Feb 2003, 04:09
I just got to know those FTOs, but what's the "International Flight Training Academy"

Is that the Pan Am one? I didn't see anywhere the word "JAA"

Archer

tanz
26th Feb 2003, 08:13
International Flight Training Academy is not the Pan Am facility, that too ceased trading a while back I believe. If you visit IFTA's website, on the home page there is a link that says JAA Training. Click on that for information on their JAA modules.

freeborn1
26th Feb 2003, 17:48
I would be glad to meet you. If it would make you feel even better you can come and speek to the other 15 chaps in class an in the program with me so that you can get an overall view of the place.

ArcherII
27th Feb 2003, 01:27
what's the homepage? I couldn't find it

tanz
27th Feb 2003, 14:22
ArcherII - The web address for IFTA is www.intlflight.com.

Thanks for the offer freeborn1, how do you suggest we arrange this? I have an appointment for a tour with the academy at 10am on Tuesday, and it lasts for about 2 hours I believe, but I might need time afterwards to discuss questions with them. I am going to visit Orlando Flight Training in the afternoon but I could meet you before 10am, or if I have time afterwards. Anytime over the weekend (1-2 March) might be better since I won't be under any time restrictions. (Monday I'm with IFTA and EFT). Let me know what fits in best with you.

Thanks again,