PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Prestwick to Barcelona

sparkymarky
25th Feb 2003, 10:56
Spanish Sun here we come. Taken from www.iii.co.uk website:

(AFX-Focus) 2003-02-25 11:34 GMT: Ryanair adds third aircraft to Glasgow base; to launch new Barcelona service
LONDON (AFX) - Ryanair Holdings PLC, the Irish low cost airline, said it is adding a third Boeing 737-200 series aircraft to its Glasgow Prestwick base and, as a consequence, is launching a new direct daily service to Barcelona Girona.
The new route, commencing May 22, will be the first-ever daily year-round scheduled service to link Scotland with the Costa Brava.

Fares will start from 29.99 stg one-way including tax -- a saving of 66 pct on the next cheapest direct fare, according to Ryanair.

The airline expects 70,000 passengers to travel the route in the service's first year.

The new service will necessitate the recruitment of up to 10 new pilots and 15 new cabin crew.

Hand Solo
25th Feb 2003, 13:15
Barecelon Girona! I like it. Whatever next.

sparkymarky
25th Feb 2003, 15:25
3rd a/c is presumably due from 22nd May when the route starts.

Here's hoping for north Italy next. The flight times are fairly late in the day, so presumably this lets them get in 8 sectors despite a 2 1/2 hour flight time?

I'm not an expert on this but I'm guessing if the plane does a few short hops to Dublin or Stansted and back then it leaves time for the 6 hour round trip (inclusive of turnaround time)?

richardhall99
25th Feb 2003, 17:08
Dow Jones Business News
Ryanair Says Leads Market In UK-Dublin Air Routes
Tuesday February 25, 11:52 am ET

Edited Press Release
LONDON -(Dow Jones)- Ryanair Holdings PLC Tuesday said it is flying 50% of all passengers on the U.K.-Dublin routes.

Kathryn Munro, Ryanair's sales manager for U.K. and Scotland said: "Once again, Ryanair continues to dominate the most popular route, London-Dublin, carrying over 42% of the passengers every day.

"Passengers are flocking into Dublin with Ryanair from London, Bristol, Leeds, Newcastle, Glasgow and Edinburgh.

"We're number one on these routes, carrying over 60% of the passengers on the Glasgow-Dublin, Edinburgh-Dublin routes, a whopping 97% on the Leeds-Bradford - Dublin route and 94% on the Newcastle-Dublin routes".