PDA

View Full Version : Job outlook in Europe

rotorrookie
25th Feb 2003, 04:17
Does anyone here know something about the job outlook in Europe in the nearest future for lowtime pilots??(I mean will anyone hire me with 200+hours +IR and ATLP theoery) There is this rumours about there will be shortage of pilots due to retirements, Is it true or what? Or is US the only country where low time pilots have change to build hours?
I would like some comments from those of you who know something on this matter and are familiar with the industry not just from super optimistic low time pilots like me
:cool:

FLY LOW

rotorrookie
2nd Mar 2003, 20:28
Thanks for all the useful replies:(

IHL
3rd Mar 2003, 17:08
Canadian companies hire a limited number of low time pilots a year. There is a large Icelandic community in Gimili Manitoba, just North of Winnipeg .

If you have any relatives out there maybe they could help you out.

From Canada.

ali250
3rd Mar 2003, 22:24
As an employer, pilots with 200 hours experience and a CPL on R22s or 300s only, don't get too many job offers. Simply because many companies don't use this type on their AOC. If you were to have an instructors rating as well then mabey you stand a better chance in getting work. Most companies use the ol' faithfull Jetranger, My advice is get type rated or even better do your commercial licence on the turbine, it will payoff in the long run.

I know it's bloody exspensive using turbines but whoever said helicopters were cheap? Just remeber if it was easy everyone would be doing it!

rotorrookie
5th Mar 2003, 04:57
Thanks for the replies chaps. IHL you where talking about Canada, is it no problem to get workpermit visa into CA? And Ali250 I´m taking the 206L check ride in next months or this summer but will 5-10 turbine hours make any difference?

FLY LOW:cool:

ali250
7th Mar 2003, 21:54
Any turbine time will help you, especially the 206L. I think you are making the right move, well done and good luck. Just a question out of interest, are you checked out on the standard 206?

rotorrookie
13th Mar 2003, 01:01
No Ali250 I don´t have the standard 206 in my license(u are talking about Jet Ranger right?) and u are probably thinking why do it on 206L since 206B is cheaper, right? Well Long Ranger time cost probably about the same here in Iceland as JetRanger time in Uk.

FLY LOW:cool:

ali250
13th Mar 2003, 12:04
rotorrookie,

It's not unusual to find owners renting out their Longrangers at the same price as the Jet Ranger, simply because they need the revenue. However, they cost about 20% more in DOCs so I think you've had a result. Good luck.

Bladestrike
13th Mar 2003, 22:09
Unless things have changed over the last decade, a BH06 is a BH06 is a BH06....

Longranger, Jetranger, its the same deal on the Canadian licence.
I feel the Jetranger is the easier to fly. The Longranger, while being longer of course, tends to overspeed and float more than the standard 206. If you flying a straight L with that wanky water-alcohol kit, thats about as tricky as it gets with the 206 series. You'll find the B's a piece of cake.

ali250
15th Mar 2003, 22:30
Bladestrike,

Your quite right a BH06 is a BH06 but a Jet Ranger is not a Long Ranger. For one thing one’s more expensive than the over, let alone its flying characteristics.