PDA

View Full Version : Graduate Jobs...

DVR6K
24th Feb 2003, 21:03
Hi folks.

I'm just ending my career as a tax dodger at Exeter University and have been looking for jobs in the aviation world in the Manchester area. However, my search has proved a bit fruitless...

I'd ideally like to walk into ATPL sponsorship with a guaranteed job at the end of it but I don't hold out much hope for that at the moment. I'd like to work in airline operations or even in ATC to begin with but my sources on the internet, in newspapers, and in magazines seem to lack anything that would suit me.

I have got a PPL with 100 hours and am very keen indeed on commercial flying. I've won the Guernsey and Malta rallies and have had a fair few hours in sims and jump seats on the A320 pre-11/9 so would hope my CV appeals to most companies I just don't know where else to look at the mo!

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers

Lucifer
25th Feb 2003, 09:44
You shouldn't worry too much however if you don't do a job that is within aviation at the moment, and perhaps the best bet for a graduate would be to do any job in either a the city or the management world - this should give you something more than the average to offer a future employer, in that you would be aware of real business and how it operates (often something sought from sposorship candidates). Of course if you are able to get some aviaiton experience all the better, but it sounds as though you are fairly aware of aviation ops as it is.

So long as you don't waste your time in a job that is simply in the airport (Starbucks barista etc), just focus on making yourself look best possible - have a go for the Accenture jobs etc - insights into the broader business world could make you a more rounded person in the eyes of the interviewer.