PDA

View Full Version : October UK JAA ATPL Exams

N-1JAA
17th Oct 2001, 16:06
Hiya guys,
I wonder if someone who took these exams could help me out..I need to know how many marks there were for the Air Law exam (I'm pretty sure that it was out of 63).
In case you were wondering I got 74% and the more attentive of you may understand where I'm going with this.

Crosswind Limits
17th Oct 2001, 16:30
Bad luck! A remark by any chance? Be warned that the chances of your mark being changed are very very remote indeed. As far as I understand the papers are marked twice by a computer and then remarked/checked by an examiner. It will cost you too and in all likelyhood will be money wasted. Choice is yours!

A brush-up course might be a better idea!

Cheers.

P.S. I am talking from personal experience here.

EGDR
17th Oct 2001, 17:29
Not done the air law exam yet but remember not all questions are worth 1 mark so 63 questions does not always equal 63 marks !!

N-1JAA
17th Oct 2001, 18:11
Thanks guys..
What I was actually getting at was that given my line of thinking that there were 63 marks (I am talking about marks, as it does say on the coversheet of the exams the no of marks, as well as how many questions)
By my reconing...
46/63=73.015%
47/63=74.603%

Any spreadsheet/calculator/person who has studied maths will tell you that these round to 73% or 75%, therefore I'm wondering how I've got 74%. Since this would be impossible.

Obviously it is completely possible that i've got the fact of 63 marks wrong and I'm wasting everyone's time! (my apoligies in advance!) ;)

JB007
17th Oct 2001, 18:47
Yeah, don't waste YOUR time looking back, just look forward.

I would recommend Oxford for a brush-up!
I deferred it from my first sitting and included it in a brush-up at Oxford with someother re-takes !!!

Feedback is spot on, got it first-time with 90%!!!

OATS (http://www.oxfordaviation.net)

[ 17 October 2001: Message edited by: JB007 ]

helimutt
17th Oct 2001, 18:59
If it makes you feel any better, I got 73% in the September Law exam!! Resitting in November with a tiny bit more attention to details!
Good luck.
:D

Whirlybird
17th Oct 2001, 19:37
E-mail the CAA and ASK! What you are saying makes sense.

Some of you may remember that a few months ago I queried one of the questions in the CPL rotary P of F exam; the CAA checked it and gave me 2 more marks, which gave me 75% and a PASS. So it's always worth a try. It may make no diffence, but then again it just might. Try it; if another PPRuNer hadn't persuaded me to try I might still be trying to pass instead of being near to taking my CPL GFT.

kingfisher03
17th Oct 2001, 20:43
I think you will find the CAA mark DOWN;

74.6% = 74% = Fail

This is the response i got when I had a 74!