PDA

View Full Version : How KLM could make a profit

ETOPS
24th Feb 2003, 14:21
Stop losing my lugagge for a start!!

Here's the sorry tale.............

Checked in 2 hrs before departure for KLMuK 2026 MAN to AMS. Two suitcases correctly tagged and seen down the "chute". Reasonable flight to AMS on the F100 but zero smiles from cabin crew. Arrived on time thus giving 1 hour 30 mins to connect to KL1961 to ZRH. Arrived on time but only one case. The missing one arrived later that night having been driven nearly 200 Km to our guesthouse in Austria. How much did that cost?

On the return flights on Saturday (KL1958 ZRH-AMS and KLMuK 2027 to MAN) despite a 2 hour 40 min turnround NO bags at all arrived in MAN! Got them on Sunday, again delivered by road. As we only paid £100 + tax for the tickets, the profit margin has been blown in lost baggage costs even though the transfers were generous and all flights on time.

Come on KLM - you should be able to do better than this.

PS For the Co-pilot on the 1958 your in flight PA was excellent. Short and informative as well as clear with very good English. Wish some of my colleagues were as good - dank u Mijnheer

nimbuscumulus
24th Feb 2003, 15:55
My misses went from AMS to BHX this weekend (sat 1000am cet), and when they arrived in BHX (after a 2 hour technical delay in AMS) only 20 of the 86 pax got their bags. The rest was all over the place according to the groound staff. Her bag arrived the next day at 12. (almost 24 hours later!!!):*

quickturnaround
24th Feb 2003, 16:57
You right! Baggage handling at SPL is a total F.U.! Yesterday my wife's hold-luggage was x-rayed, very good!. Then at check in it seemed that the belt was not working, no problem a guy was collecting the bags with a small luggage-trolley, so after the x-ray somebody could temper with my bag, n'est pas?
On my question at the lady who checked us in, that the chance that our bag would not be retrieved at our destination, the lady replied;'' No sir, we have some small problems, but you will find your bag do not worry''!.
Okay we were early, but off-course our bags did not arrive at destination.
I can not wait to see what will happen this summer at AMS!
:mad: :} :}

Avman
24th Feb 2003, 18:05
Sadly, an all too common occurence at SPL. It's been going on for years and the staff themselves are absolutely fed up with it. My bags failed to connect 3 out of 4 times every time I went through and I've now stopped using SPL unless I have no other option. How it gets voted best airport so often beats me!:*

Tcas climb
25th Feb 2003, 05:57
I went through AMS as a pax a few weeks back, I will at all cost avoid that airport in the future.

The amount of noise in AMS airport is unbearable, no matter were you go, there is badly tuned TV monitors sending out static noise mixed with CNN, the rolling walkway is constantly blasting "mind your step" at about 100 db's and the intercom system is constantly sending out useless messenges at an unbearable loud sound level.

Sorry AMS, but you must be cheating to get those best airport awards.

Groundbased
25th Feb 2003, 13:11
Hmm

The luggage handling may be bad but I have fond memories as I spent four months in an office in Amstelveen which was right on one of the approaches and when in use we used to get fantastic views from the 7th floor. I never got much work done on those days.

What used to annoy me about SPL was long queues to get through initial security (esp on Fridays) and then a further long wait at the gate as all the hand baggage went though the scanner. I prefer the arrangement where you get it all done with in one go, but maybe they have their reasons.

GlueBall
26th Feb 2003, 13:06
Not to forget the Schiphol Hilton with its stuffy, tiny rooms with windows that can't be opened.:*