PDA

View Full Version : What systems at EasyJet?

Lomcevak9045
24th Feb 2003, 12:14
Please help.
I would like to know what navigation / flight log / fuel planning system EasyJet uses at present (SITA, Jeppesen etc?)

Also if there are any ops controllers that work there or anyone who knows about how the system is implemented (and would be prepared to fill me in on it), I would really like to find out more.

ezyops
25th Feb 2003, 17:03
sorry but that could be sensitive information

Lomcevak9045
26th Feb 2003, 17:27
Why would that be sensitive?
I just want to know what service provider they use - not anything secretive or sensitive.

jumpseater
26th Feb 2003, 20:32
So why the specific request re easyJet, and not A.N. Other airline? :bored::)

Lomcevak9045
27th Feb 2003, 03:48
I am looking for any airline that matches a specifc model criteria - not just EasyJet. I know that EasyJet fits that model. Amongst other things An airline that:
Operates jets between 30 000Kg and 50 000 Kg
Between 25 and 100 aircraft on the fleet
Each aircraft flying more than 4 sectors per day
Airline operating mainly out of a single base and returning to that base
Plus a few more.
Do I have to pass a test before I am allowed to be told the information - why the paranoia?

Whispering Giant
27th Feb 2003, 04:49
Lomcevak - from your description of your requirment's,any regional airline in europe fit's that bill.
It is still commercially sensitive information that you are asking about - and i dont think you will find that any one will give you this information as no-one would like there competitors to know what system they are useing - not only that you may be a hacker and could be able to hack into someone's system and destroy it etc , hence why everyone is being cautious to reply to you.
Your best bet would be if you make a formal request to the airline's that you are interested in - stating why you need the information and then they might let you know if they think you have a pluasable reason for wanting to know.

hope this help's
brgds

W.G

Lomcevak9045
27th Feb 2003, 15:31
WG, thanks for that reply, but I cannot understand why it is so secretive!
Anyway, I picked up a magazine today called Airliner World (January 2003) and there was a whole article on the operation of EsayJet. It gave me all of the info that I wanted. It stated clearly that they use computer generated flight plans by Jeppessen and gave an explanation of how it is implemented in their flight ops department. One call to Jeppessen to ask them about the system and they send me a whole demo pack.
Why can I get all this info from a magazine available to the general public but you guys wouldn't help me at all?

no sig
27th Feb 2003, 20:55
Lomcevak9045

It really isn't that sensitive as a rule, but with the recent merger of our two airlines there has been a degree of renegotiation of suppliers for ops services which is possibly not yet complete, hence perhaps a reluctance to open up on a public and anonomous bulletin board. I think if you were to call one of the lads at easyJet you'd find them more than happy to help you out.

Whispering Gaints also offers a good explanation and advice.

Ball Bay
28th Feb 2003, 02:46
WG - Does the "W" really stand for "w*ank*r" ?
Most vendors list their client base, so he is only asking for info that someone could find via the net over a 2 to 3 day period.
By asking thru this forum he could have the info in about 30 seconds.
Some people really do have their hand on it much too often.

BIG E
28th Feb 2003, 04:10
Interesting as easyjet do not at this time use jeppesens so i don't know how airliner world could publish a report about it!Why are you so keen to know?

CI300
3rd Mar 2003, 05:37
BIG E, I think your saying that they dont use jeppesens for their flight manuals.
There is nothing preventing an operation using jepp planning system regardless of the flight manual / nav provider.

Lomcevak9045 only wanted to know what planning system they use... Not a big deal at all. Hardly a secret either.

BIG E
3rd Mar 2003, 12:35
CI300,I know exactly what i'm saying,at this moment in time easyjet do not use jeppesens flightplanning system.I work there so i shud know,the initial thread is a little suspicious,why does he/she want to know how the system is integrated into the operation?

Whooaahh
10th Mar 2003, 11:16
Speaking as "the competition", we already know what ESY use for both Fligth Dispatch and Ops Control so their is nothing commercially sensitive about it.

What will be interesting is what they end up using after the merger with Go is complete as both operators use different solutions.

Whooaahh!!!