PDA

View Full Version : Three Random Rants

Gazeem
17th Oct 2001, 00:06
I flew to Hamburg and back on the weekend with Ryanair, Stansted was absolutely packed - no sign of people being too scared to fly there. We arrived at Stansted in good time and barely made it through the crowds to get to the aircraft on time. So some morale there.

Whilst flying I had two thoughts,

Airport security make sure you do not have any sharp items - then sell you bottles in Duty Free - go figure.

If they lock the flight deck door, how would the crew go to the loo, bottles? What happens if you have a chap-ess up front? :p

Topper187
17th Oct 2001, 02:48
I was recently flying through Zurich and they were selling swiss army knives in duty free!!!!!!!!

To solve the problem about the pilots going to the loos. maybe you can put another door between the front loo and the cabin. That way pilots can go to the loos in safety and they can also monitor the flight attendants when they bring up tea and choc bics.

Di - Hedral
17th Oct 2001, 03:34
1 - It's nice to know that EGSS is still busy with pax really, don't you agree?
That cannot warrant a rant. :)

2 - There are sharp objects on the aircraft, without buying them from duty free, if you know where to look. Seems like the conversion to plastic cutlery alone won't resolve the problem, just lesten it :o

3 - Locking the door & loo visits have already posed problems with the possibility of one of the crew being locked out. Someone only has to lose the key or not quite follow the new SOPs!
FACT/aside: Some chapesses have longer range tanks than their male counter-parts :D :D