PDA

View Full Version : Night Flying, wheres good in SW London

18greens
16th Oct 2001, 12:38
Its that night flying time of year again. Unfortunately my club is a day VFR field.

Can anyone recommend a good club on an airport with night facilities where I can rent a decent single, or even better a twin.

The closer to SW London the better.

Polar_stereographic
16th Oct 2001, 13:25
Well, if you've got deep pockets, Biggin's the place. Open till 21:00 every evening. Yes I know it's not SW, but I mention it as you're other options are Fairoaks/Blackbushe, but they are do not have lights every night. I believe the same is true for Denham and Booker.

I'd give Heathrow a miss mind you.

PS

Red Four
16th Oct 2001, 14:16
Or try Southend, once you've found your aircraft, only circuits/instrument training require booking. No night surcharge until 2300. Night stop in nearby motel, depart first thing A.M. to home base...many do!

Atlanta
16th Oct 2001, 14:42
Redhill Aviation is SW of London and quite convenient. They offer night training on Archers and C152s. They do also have a Seneca III.

I have never flown there, but they do seem to have a good name.

I suggest you give them a call.

What goes up, must come down and any landing's a good landing as long as you can walk away from it.

Polar_stereographic
16th Oct 2001, 15:01
Broom,

Not what I've heard. Remember too that Redhill has the reputation for being one of UK's least friendly airfields.

PS

Dragger of Tail
16th Oct 2001, 20:21
If you want to fly from Redhill, use Cubair,(with a u). They have a Supercub and can arrange a twin. Much better than the other schools on the airfield IMHO.

Polar, you are right about ATC at Redhill.