PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Express at LCY?

leonbrumsack
22nd Feb 2003, 22:34
Have just read on the VEX site that they are to commence services between LCY and BRU. Clearly they won't be able to employ their B737s on this route! Does anyone know what they will be using? A 146 from somewhere, maybe? It's not listed as an SN Brussels code share route. :confused:

WHBM
22nd Feb 2003, 23:45
The timetable on the VEX website does state in a footnote that this new route, operating from 30 March, is "operated by SN Brussels Airlines". So it looks like the old Sabena 146s that used to operate into LCY some years ago are coming back, on a surprisingly similar 5 times daily operation. Strange as BA are starting up ops on the same date from LCY to Paris and Frankfurt, and later to Glasgow, and SN Brussels already has extensive codeshares with BA.

Also strange is that there is nothing about this new service on the LCY website.

leonbrumsack
22nd Feb 2003, 23:54
Oh, as I understood the timetable only flights with an '*' are code share - and none of the BRU - LCY - BRU flights have a '*'.There are, however, flights with '*'s for routes such as BRU - Gothenburg, so those are operated by SN. Now I am well and truly confused! :confused: :confused:

WHBM
23rd Feb 2003, 00:35
I should have checked the VLM website first. It states there that it is them who are going into a codeshare with VEX from 30 March. So it's nothing more than extra codeshares on the existing VLM F50 service from Brussels to LCY.