PDA

View Full Version : prune problems!

Grob Driver
22nd Feb 2003, 21:22
Hi,

I wonder if someone can help me… I’ve been trying to set up an account on pprune today for a friend of mine. I’ve been able to set up the account, but can see any of the posts in the different forum ‘rooms’. He can get into the room, and everything looks ‘normal’ accept that the column with the topic’s in it is blank. You can see who posted a message, but there is no title, and no way of accessing it…. Has anyone got any ideas?

Many thanks

Grob Driver

BOAC
22nd Feb 2003, 21:35
Grob - give me the user-name involved and I'll have a look at the permissions.

"I’ve been able to set up the account, but can see any of the posts in the different forum ‘rooms’. He can get into the room, and everything "

--- should that read 'can't'?

Grob Driver
22nd Feb 2003, 22:17
Hi BOAC,

The user name is Cheetah Chaser.

When he goes to pprune forums, he sees all the ‘rooms’ available (eg private flying). When he enters the room, everything looks ok, however there is nothing in the topic section. He can see who has posted a message, he can see how many people have read it, and how many replies there are, but he cant see the name of the topic, and therefore cant read the topic (hope that makes sense!).

Hope you are able to help!

Many thanks,
Grob Driver

expedite_climb
22nd Feb 2003, 23:01
Sounds like he's not logged in properly. Needs to have cookies.

BOAC
23rd Feb 2003, 07:08
Grob - the first obvious thing is that 'CC' has not yet responded to the email from pprune following registration (sent to the registered address, and contains a 'click on this to activate cc' link). Once that is done, as e_c says, check cookies 'enabled' on the profile/options ('usercp'/options) and let me know if there is still a problem.