PDA

View Full Version : BA CitiExpress sim ride??

skygirl
14th Oct 2001, 15:25
i am going for a sim check with BA CitiExpress next week on the BAC 1-11, I also really appreciate this opportunity at the moment. just wondering if anyone has done it already and if you have any pointers. the info is quite brief not stating which procedures I will be expected to do. any general tips much appreciated, thanks. :)

Dreamweaver
15th Oct 2001, 00:23
Hi sky, hope u get info on the sim ride. I have an interview etc on tuesday - any pointers would be helpful :)

DW

dv8
15th Oct 2001, 12:10
F245 & Foster
What is going on at CitiExpress is recruitment frozen or not?

skygirl
15th Oct 2001, 20:06
hi dreamweaver
my interview was quite straight forward, personal stuff and why did i want to work for the company? nothing technical so dont worry about learning lots of aircraft stuff. also a group test problem solving activity, actually great fun! so best of luck to you for tomorrow ;)

Dreamweaver
15th Oct 2001, 21:22
Muchas Gracias Sky

Have u considered doing an hour on a 1-11 sim? - Might help.

Good luck 2u2

DW :rolleyes:

Minx
15th Oct 2001, 23:08
Hi
Where is the BAC 1-11 simulator? is it something to do with the ATP Academy? Any information would be very welcome, like an address of the place!!!

peterc
15th Oct 2001, 23:29
HI MINX BAC 1-11 SIM EITHER DARKEST DORSET
OR EVEN DARKER DUBLIN,HAVE A GOOD RIDE

AIRWAY1UK
16th Oct 2001, 17:42
Can anyone confirm recruitment continues-which bases/fleets, and how long one would expect before a call to interview, or not! Following confirmation of application form receipt?

FL245
17th Oct 2001, 22:03
Hi Folks

CitiExpress recruitment is still frozen, although as I said before we are short some crews. Anyone getting throught the process will be placed in a holding pool as start dates, a/c type or bases cannot be confirmed at present. Sorry I cannot be more helpful but that is the state of play. As to the length of time in the holding pool, I am unable to answer that one.

The interview is quite striaght forward with no catches. Present yourself well and plan answers to the standard interview type questions and you should be fine.

FL245

DHC Twin
18th Oct 2001, 07:18
SkyGirl

Fly the thing just like you've flown everything before!The only difference is it's a computer and therefore very predictable.It'll be a little more sensitive than an aeroplane but any navigation you're expected to do should be more (for want of a better phrase),textbook,(eg - NDB APP),than for example,normal flying in real air!

Best of LUCK. BS ;)

Deadleg
19th Oct 2001, 23:46
We would, I imagine, want to see if you have a good understanding of basic IFR procedures(can you fly a hold, ILS, NDB or NDB/DME ... etc), if you have a good standard of general flying and a good instrument scan!!!
In other words can you do what we want-fly public transport in IMC under the IFR!
Good luck to everyone!!!