PDA

View Full Version : War in Iraq and expat pilot in Taiwan

middlepath
21st Feb 2003, 18:28
I hope the war in Iraq will not have any impact on expat pilots employment in tw as it happened post 911 in eva`s 60 pilots. Any prediction from seniors expat pilots in tw?
cheers

middlepath
22nd Feb 2003, 09:14
That means CAL is less panic than EVA in difficult times.

middlepath
1st Mar 2003, 18:48
ilovelonghaul

do you know the age limit to join CAL?
Thanks in advance

futz
5th Mar 2003, 15:09
ilovelonghaul,

I have 6 yrs as a 767 captain with United and am thinking about bailing. Before that I had 4 yrs in the right seat of the 744 and am also rated in that airplane. I'll be 43 in November.

Would CAL hire me as a Captain?
Are they hiring right now?
How do I apply?

Thanks

middlepath
6th Mar 2003, 12:29
Ilovelonghaul

you seem quite knowledgeble in Far east,out of two which one is better, EVA or CA from expat point of view.

middlepath
11th Mar 2003, 20:00
ilovelonghaul

Do you know the age limit at CAL ? I meet their reuirements but age 46 is too old?
Cheers

Gnadenburg
16th Mar 2003, 07:48
An illegal war on iraq would give a Chinese justification for an illegal war on Taiwan-without interference from the US Seventh Fleet.

This has an obvious implication for Taiwanese pilots!

Life as a journey
12th Apr 2003, 16:47
The war is not illegal. A nation-state is under threat and has taken action to eliminate the threat.

SoManySystems
2nd May 2003, 00:37
Do you (or anyone) know anything about the CI interview process? I have applied but no answer yet?
They still looking for B744 guys, some CX guys are starting to wonder across now after CX shows more signs of flight cutbacks.

middlepath
2nd May 2003, 05:07
somany system

it would have been unthinkable for cx guys looking for jobs at cal. Is this for real or some kind of joke?

SoManySystems
2nd May 2003, 09:33
yeah, thats exactly what I thought, CX guys going to CAL??!!!
But alas it is true, and thats from within the company, you can check it out yourself. I think SARS may have a lot to do with it.
Jobs in Taiwan seem to be open now, but slowly SARS is settling into Taipei too. They recently sealed off a whole hospital there.

middlepath
14th May 2003, 04:14
it appears eva is doing by far the best amongst asian airlines at present situation. They have not asked for leave without pay or pay cuts, where as other big ones SQ and CX has done already.