PDA

View Full Version : Hughes 500C/D Operator's Handbook

Steve Davies
21st Feb 2003, 14:17
I have a POH for the Hughes 500C dated 28.10.93 and with CAA changes up to the year 1991. Does any one know if there is a PDF copy of the manual on the internet, or where I can get CAA changes from as they come out?

Also, does anyone else who has seen this POH agree that it is poorly constructed (there are very few schematics and not a single example of a 'typical' cockpit layout)? Compared to military POHs and even the R-22 POH, this manual strikes me as be rather convoluted!

The Nr Fairy
21st Feb 2003, 19:57
Steve :

Worth starting at the MD Helicopters Rotorcraft Manuals (http://www.mdhelicopters.com/Pubs/PFMs/Rotorcraft%20Flight%20Manuals.htm) web page ?

Steve Davies
21st Feb 2003, 21:21
Thanks, NR.

I had a look but they only seem to be the cover pages :}

I browsed further into that site and saw that they want over £100 for the whole shebang!

I have somehow managed to give this topic a '1' vote by accident. Nice one :rolleyes:

The Nr Fairy
22nd Feb 2003, 06:28
I thought that until I stopped downloading the cover page PDF to my machine, and just clicked directly on it from the web page. When you then click on the "TOC" link, it downloads that document from the web site. I.e. it's not all in one big PDF file, it's in several, with hyperlinks to the other bits.

Steve Davies
22nd Feb 2003, 08:42
Nr,

Sorted. Thank you very much indeed. Do you know where I can get the CAA/JAA revisions?

The Nr Fairy
22nd Feb 2003, 09:29
Steve :

Fraid not - I'm purely an R22 man who slavers over the manuals for turbine machines, and knows how to get them on the web !

Hughes500 may be able to help - I recommend you PM him/her by clicking here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/private.php?s=&action=newmessage&userid=19363), although they've not posted for some time.

And any idea where I could find an empty RHS in a 500 for a jolly ? :D

md 600 driver
22nd Feb 2003, 10:26
please send me pm or email to [email protected] with your contact details for the info you want

Steve Davies
22nd Feb 2003, 14:21
MD600, e-mail inbound!

Nr,

I wish i could help, but as I am still in the throws of my TC and will need a safety pilot for insurance purposes for another 10 hours thereafter, I won't be much use to you ;-( Sorry.