PDA

View Full Version : First Officer prog.

A320
13th Oct 2001, 21:06
I would like to know your opinions about the first officer programs that are able to do in the USA.I`m paticullary interested in doing 1250 hours in a Cessna 402 as a first officer. Do you think that is better to do this or do you prefer building time in a plane such as a Cessna 172, Tomahawk. etc...?
Thank you.

A320
14th Oct 2001, 17:09
Oh come onĦĦĦ I need you advices

SixDemonBag
16th Oct 2001, 18:04
What the hell does a Fo in a 402 do?? Does he pull the gear up? To companies look at these hours with any respect?

Polar_stereographic
16th Oct 2001, 18:12
Probably works the CRP5

LRdriver
16th Oct 2001, 21:33
FO in a C402..
Why the hell would you pay for that??
In my view you should find somebody with an aircraft type requiring (by CERTIFICATION!!) a copilot. Any company would not see SIC on a C402 as valid experince (I still doubt my SIC on a Kingair200 as "real" time..)
BUT... if the flights are p91 then make sure you fly as PIC OR even better spend your cash on REAL FO time on less hours in a jet.
Turbine time will always win over piston..
(well not entirely true as a C172 captain will get full credit for his hours towards and ATPL as opposed to an experienced FO, he will get 50% credit..)

Dragonwing
17th Oct 2001, 12:23
Wouldn't pay for hours on a 402 either.
Why don't u look up flight schools in the US (cause that's the place I assume where the FO prog. would take place) that issue J1-visa, get your instructor ratings and 'nstruct for some time. this will usually get you some multi-time as well and counts as PIC as well.

Some more advantages:
1) instructing is a very good experience
2) you usually get enough pay to at least pay for your expenses
3) time counts as PIC
4) some airlines will look badly at you for paying to fly a 402 as SIC

anyways good luck!!!