PDA

View Full Version : Channel/j2 Interview

deza
21st Feb 2003, 09:09
Hi fellow job seekers has anyone out there had an interview with the above? any info would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

deza

Peter Davidson
21st Feb 2003, 17:24
PPJN's got a page on Channel Express which also includes some information on Jet2.

Here's the link - www.ppjn.com/jchannelexpress.html (http://www.ppjn.com/jchannelexpress.html)

From the way it's worded it seems the terms and cons are the same for both airlines.

Peter

A and C
23rd Feb 2003, 19:50
It is one and the same airline and part of the Dart group , not the best people I have worked for but not the worst by a long way.

The people I know inside the company say that it is much improved of late so I would think that they would not be a bad company to work for now.

Aviation Trainer too
24th Feb 2003, 10:37
The aircraft for Jet2 are owned by Dart, flown by Channel Express under the Jet2 brand.

Don't know when you worked for them A and C but I regard them as one of the best I worked for. Small group (getting bigger now I guess) of professional people and specially with the new DFO a good place to be!

Son Of Piltdown
25th Feb 2003, 08:37
Had an interview with them a while ago but didn't get the job. However, I found them to be very friendly and they gave out a nice smell.

The day was run in a fairly relaxed way. There was a short technical test on the B737 for type rated applicants. Also a verbal reasoning test and a mental agility test which involved interpreting data from tables. The usual psychometric test was included. The interview was fairly standard in front of a panel of three. Questions about behaviour (popular these days) were included but the rest was pretty normal.

The big question was whether you were prepared to move north for the new Jet2 operation.

What I would say is this. Compared to the new breed of low cost carriers this seemed an old fashioned company. More recognisable in culture to those of us who have been around a bit.

Good luck if you get offered the job.