PDA

View Full Version : Another Hadj Rip-Off.

mutt
21st Feb 2003, 05:38
Cowboy airlines and the Hadj appear to go hand-in-hand......

Stories are circulating about a company "Northeast Air" who contracted to operate a B747 for Saudia. They arranged the crews and the aircraft, positioned the crews to Jeddah, but then were unable to pay the aircrafts increased insurance premiums due to additional "war risk" and therefore never started their operations.

As for the crews, they have sat in the Crowne Plaza for over a month, no salaries, no money, no tickets.....

Anyone got anymore info on this?

Mutt.

B767300ER
27th Feb 2003, 04:53
Check under the "Terms and Enreadment" thread under "NEA Tristar Shysters". If its the same bunch, it definately sounds like a scam.

akixx
27th Feb 2003, 08:41
this hajj had its fare share of of charters airlines not coming through, I heard a similar story about a company called jordan aviation. Has anyone heard anything about the L1011 chartered by saudia that depressurized near riyadh?

mutt
27th Feb 2003, 08:46
akixx,

L1011 9L-LDL (Universal Air ??) operating from Shiraz, Iran to Madinah. I dont know the cause of the depressurization but i understand that a number of passengers suffered severe Hypoxia.

Mutt.

LGW Vulture
27th Feb 2003, 11:02
Akixx

I know Jordan Aviation well. What did you hear about them "failing to come through"?

Expand if you can please.