PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair at Edinburgh....

Fancy Navigator
20th Feb 2003, 22:05
When will Ryanair decide to launch flights from Edinburgh to Stansted which is the gateway to many European destinations? Prestwick is very convenient for people in Glasgow and the west of Scotland, but not for people in Edinburgh and the east of Scotland who have to take a train to get to the airport or drive throught Glasgow first.... I am a convinced Ryanair flyer and having to fly easyJet is simply annoying me! There is plenty of space for Ryanair on that route and I am sure they could be successful on the route....
:)
So Ryanair, please...., launch flights between Edinburgh and Stansted. You will get at least one customer, me ;) and easyJet will have lost one....

Buster the Bear
20th Feb 2003, 22:20
When Ryanair purchase East Fortune.

Ryanair like only to fly from secondary airports and as Edinburgh is devoid, the trip to Ayr will be needed for some time to come!

Meeb
21st Feb 2003, 10:16
Ryanair already fly EDI - DUB so bang goes that argument! Like the idea about East Fortune though... Edinburgh East? ;)

brabazon
21st Feb 2003, 10:31
Ryanair had stated that they wouldn't operate from EDI due to high costs, yet started very quickly once go started their "doomed" EDI-DUB service. I guess they must be doing well on the route as they maintained it even after go pulled off.

Buster the Bear
21st Feb 2003, 15:30
They operate through Gatwick as well, yields must be good?

Fancy Navigator
21st Feb 2003, 20:33
Good point made about the Dublin - Edinburgh route. This route seems to be very successful and Ryanair do not seem to be bothered by charges at Edinburgh.... So why not launching a new route to Stansted? Given that charges at Stansted suit Ryanair, and that Ryanair operate successfully at Edinburgh, well.... there is no reason why a Stansted - Edinburgh route could not exist :cool: Come on Ryanair, do us that favour....:)

jaw2001
22nd Feb 2003, 18:47
Aren't Ryanair still considering Leuchars?