PDA

View Full Version : Booking flights with Easyjet

Evanelpus
19th Feb 2003, 15:57
I have been asked whether you can turn up at Luton airport and book flights with EasyJet 'over the counter' for the summer. Do they only take credit cards or can hard cash be used?

I have used the internet myself but this person is of the old school, where giving your credit card details over the web is something akin to being alien!!

brabazon
19th Feb 2003, 15:59
Their sales desks have computers on them, so you can book tickets at the airport, but you'll still need to use some form of credit/debit card.

They can still phone the sales office, but they'll pay more. Internet booking is safe, some say safer than handing over your card to someone to swipe.

no sig
19th Feb 2003, 17:27
Evaneplus

As Brabazon suggests, best just pick up the phone if you don't have access to the internet, 0870 6 000 000, but you do require a credit or debit card to be passed over the phone, it safe no worry there. The earlier you book the cheaper it is so don't leave to the day of departure.

Orange In Cider
19th Feb 2003, 20:49
Don't rely on the internet access at the sales desk.....very restricted. Also there is a cut-off point at the airport so "very last minute" purchases are not a possibility.....allow a couple of hours. And as per the previous post, late purchases tend to be the most expensive, so book as early as you can.

The call centre option is very good if you don't want to book over the internet. (Just don't phone in the middle of cr@p weather or disruptions as you'll be hanging on......!)

Buster the Bear
19th Feb 2003, 21:12
My understanding is that if you phone 0870 6 million, they will book you a flight up to 2 hours prior to departure, but you would need to be at the airport and not feeding me for this to actually work.

Most folk would rather feed me however!

http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/armed/ALD.gif

Evanelpus
20th Feb 2003, 07:52
Many thanks to all who have replied. I'll pass on the details.