PDA

View Full Version : MyTravelLite’s new base

U/S President
18th Feb 2003, 20:21
Assuming it’s launched before the summer.

Oh, and I threw CPH into the hat after inadvertently putting UK in the title before anyone gets picky with my geography.

Shed-on-a-Pole
18th Feb 2003, 20:38
Are you sure that MYL is actually planning a second base at the moment? I seem to recall that Tim Jeans advised recently that the company was to concentrate on building up BHX as business from there was strong. At that time there had been much speculation about where a second hub would be, but the outcome was additional A320's at BHX only. Have you come across information to suggest that MYL is now ready to launch a second hub?

As you know, MYL's parent company has alot on it's plate at the moment. Certain analysts in the City have been quite vocal in suggesting that the group should exit the no-frills market altogether ( I myself offer no opinion on this matter ). The costs associated with launching a second base might not be well received in certain quarters right now, particularly with the current political climate to consider?

Cyrano
19th Feb 2003, 07:50
As of a couple of months ago, they had filed for slots at GLA, but I haven't seen the slot listing post-handback so don't know if they are still planning this.

Having seen the load factors on some of their BHX routes (AGP/ALC OK, the rest :yuk: ) I tend to agree with Shed-on-a-Pole that they may try to get their Midlands house in order before launching elsewhere.

That said, a reduction in the density of David Dickinson posters in the Birmingham area would be a service to humanity...

MissChief
19th Feb 2003, 12:11
Feb loads are good and growing strongly, esp BFS and BVA...ditto the new route to AMS. And forward bookings for BCN are also good...what do the analysts know anyhow? They are only as accurate as the info/propaganda fed to them....:D

nef
19th Feb 2003, 13:49
There has been a bit of talk in Scotland of the GLA thing - Glasgow city council are offering financil inducements to MyTravelLite to set up there - I've heard £0.5 - 1million - don't know if this is per year or not.

They are also reputed to have had "talks" with BAA about it - these never seem to result in anything though! - BAA Scottish airports claimed in last weekend's sunday herald that they were in "advanced negociations" with 9 airlines about services to 15 int destinations from EDI, GLA, and ABZ, so I suppose this could include MyTravelLite.

I wouldn't have thought MAN would be attractive given the news earlier this week from bmibaby and the presence of easy up the road at LPL. In comparison in Scotland they would only have competition from Air Scotland, which has had plenty in the way of teething problems, and flyglobespan at PIK. Both of these outifts don't offer particularly frequent flights either.

nef
28th Feb 2003, 13:17
Unlikely to be GLA:( .........

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/hi/news/5013273.html

.......and perhaps not anywhere?????

U/S President
11th Jul 2003, 17:22
And the winners are:

MAN and LGW

:cool:

Ian Farquharson
11th Jul 2003, 20:26
MyTravelLite are to start daily services to Tenerife and Almeria this
Winter and are opening up bases at Manchester and Gatwick serving
Tenerife and Murcia both daily.

The latest additions to the BHX Winter Schedule means the timetable
now reads:-

Dept 0700 VZ7051 Alicante Arrive 1250 VZ7052
Dept 0715 VZ7027 Faro Arrive 1330 VZ7028
Dept 0720 VZ7045 Almeria Arrive 1345 VZ7046
Dept 0745 VZ7011 Malaga Arrive 1405 VZ7012
Dept 1005 VZ7019 Barcelona Arrive 1510 VZ7020
Dept 1430 VZ7001 Tenerife Arrive 2355 VZ7002
Dept 1600 VZ7003 Murcia Arrive 2210 VZ7004
Dept 1755 VZ7031 Palma Arrive 2330 VZ7032

Still no mention of BFS/AMS/PSA/NOC or GVA !!

Ian

Curious Pax
11th Jul 2003, 21:42
Curious - on the timings published it appears that MYL will need 1 aircraft to cover both Tenerife and Murcia on Tu/Fr/Sa/Su, but 2 aircraft on Mo/We/Th (true at both LGW and MAN). Either they are going to be doing quite a few positioning flights; there are more flights to be added to the timetable; or they will use mainline MYT aircraft as needed at these 2 locations. We shall see......

Scottie Dog
11th Jul 2003, 22:59
Curious Pax

Yes, I had noticed that as well. There are no W-patterns.

Very curious.......

Scottie Dog