PDA

View Full Version : VIKING Airlines

Virtual Ops
18th Feb 2003, 13:00
Brand new airline starting operations Summer 2003 with bases in ATH & HER.

Using 2 x MD82 166Y A/C

Have a look at their website

www.vikingair.se

They have a few vacancies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TJ747
18th Feb 2003, 16:33
HI GUYS,

HAVE SEEN THERE WEBSITE THAT IS TILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION BUT DOES SHOW THE JOB VACANCIES.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO IS BEHIND THIS NEW SET UP...SOUNDS LIKE ANOTHER TRANSJET ON THE MARKET.TRANSJET USE TO HAVE A BASE THERE AND WHEN THEY WENT BUST I BELIEVE NORDIC TOOK OVER.

JUST BE CAREFUL...THESE SWEDISH START UPS DONT ALLWAYS SEEM TO LAST VERY LONG BUT NETHERTHELESS.....I HAD GREAT FUN AT TRANSJET AND I LIKE THEY WAY THE SWEDES WORK...VERY LAID BACK...JUST WISH IT WAS MORE SECURE.

SEE YA SOON

TJ747

Tcas climb
19th Feb 2003, 08:16
Is this the same outfit as MD airlines?

TJ747 WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?

jetstream7
19th Feb 2003, 08:58
Tcas...don't think its the same as MD Airlines who are Icelandic, but may be the same as Nordic Airlink, also based at Umea and also operating MD-82s?

TJ747, if it is Nordic Airlink, then they've been around for a few years so concerns over security of employment may be less of an issue

Knold
21st Apr 2003, 02:32
No, there is no connection with Transjet or its founders. Viking does have some relations, or should I say mutual intrests with Nordic Airlink.
They still haven't got their AOC yet. So I guess it's sub charter in the meantime.

Nordic Airlink on the other hand is taking over some aircrafts that MD operated before but nothing more fishy than usual. They are also taking some contracts that used to be MDs but that only seems logical since the planes are the same.

Live long and prosper :)

redfield
22nd Apr 2003, 03:41
I just had a request for our airfield details from Viking. I really don't want to know about another Nordic or another Transjet!!!!:(