PDA

View Full Version : My Travel Airways pull out of Luton

Simon Lumley
18th Feb 2003, 12:14
According to the new Airtours Summer Sun 2003 brochure (released in December 2002), My Travel Airways have pulled out of basing a single A320 at Luton.

It is the same case for the new Airtours summer 2003/4 winter sun brochure.

All of the My Travel Group's flights are either being operated by Monarch, Britannia or Spanish carriers.

No doubt the aircraft is moving to Birmingham to be repainted in My Travel Lite colours to operate the new routes for summer 2003.

Poor old Luton... JMC/Thomas Cook also pulled out of there in summer 2002 because of the 11th September 2001 terrorist attacks.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Alloy
18th Feb 2003, 12:20
I understand most of the crews went to Brum.

Crew_MYT
18th Feb 2003, 12:55
Some crew did re-locate to BHX and others to LGW the base closed on 1 November 2002, as to the a/c being painted to MYL colours I'm not sure, but we are haveing new airbus delivered throughout this year.:=

LTNman
18th Feb 2003, 17:40
Not surprising when you can face £200 supplements for a family of 4 flying from Luton. This is what friends of mine found who live 12 miles north of Luton who have just been on a winter break. They ended up flying from Gatwick and saved a packet. There is real demand for IT flights from Luton but many potential passengers refuse to be ripped off by greedy tour operators and make the trip to Gatwick to save money.:cool: :cool:

Buster the Bear
18th Feb 2003, 18:47
Just one of many reasons for the shrinking package tour market.

http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/armed/uzi.gif http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/armed/Tomcat.gif

U/S President
18th Feb 2003, 20:04
Yes LTNman, passengers are definitely being “ripped off by greedy tour operators”. There should be a windfall tax on their obscene fat cat profits :rolleyes:.

niknak
18th Feb 2003, 20:31
Is it really the "greedy tour operators" who impose these supplements?
(Perhaps in ignorance) I assumed that these supplements reflected the additional charges made by the airport authority.