PDA

View Full Version : Cargolux: rosters, pay and tax

18th Feb 2003, 09:52
Is there anybody out there that can give me some up-to-date info on what Cargolux is like to work for? Is it possible to live outside Lux and escape tax? Understand that whilst tax is low in Lux, housing is expensive.

F/O with about 5000tt, 2000 737. Would I be of interest?

last officer
21st Feb 2003, 09:40
expect about 3ooo-3800 euro net depending on personal situation(wife,kids etc) plus per diem around 1000 u$ first year fo

currently 9 off-days per 28 day roster,planning currently to maximum,expect to be away from home a lot

I really wouldn't recommend you shuttling,hard to get id-tx,bad flight schedules out of lux,you have to be 10 hrs before dep in lux,also there is a stby-system to come,often only a short rest between flights,etc.
however,for tax-reasons it doesn't matter where you live

expect around 10 years to upgrade,not much off at destinations recently,planning is really a big issue at the moment,many(incl. me)are seriously pissed off..

regards

23rd Feb 2003, 16:42
Thanks for the info. I too am seriously pissed off at present, but want to make a long-term move. Cargolus doesn't sound like it would fit the bill. :confused: So, where would??? Is there anybody out there that works for a happy ship in Europe where recruiting it taking place?

quickturnaround
28th Feb 2003, 08:28
Hello Last Officer,

Does your answer mean that almost all CL pilots live in LUX?. I thought that almost everyone lives abroad to say not in LUX, or does that apply more to captains.
You only have 9 days off per 28 days? How many hollidays, roster-free days etc etc?
Why is it difficult to get std-by tickets? Or does that only apply for the first year?

What are the rostering problems you are mentioning, alot of last minute changes??

I wonder if you would be so kind to share more info on this.

Good and safe flying,QTA

last officer
2nd Mar 2003, 10:54
many pilots don't live in lux,but quite a lot within a 2-3 hrs drive. the problem is that we used to fly less in the past,with current rostering you have less time off between the trips,which means that if you live to far away you won't get home for a long time in a row., so it really depends on your personal preferences.
rostering is quite stable,9 off within 28 days,plus 42 days vac.
the flight schedules out of lux are terrible,we don't get id-tickets for the main carrier luxair,which is ridiculous of course since the two companies are related to each other,so it depends on your exact location if you can easily fly in and out..
hope this is the info you were looking for
rgds

Avius
3rd Mar 2003, 03:02
The rostering issue @ CLX is quite interesting. Let's see......, the woman in charge of day to day crew planning happens to be married to the guy, who actually creates the crew-rosters. Same company, same department.

Between the two of them, they are now fully in control of the private life of some 300+ pilots and thanks to either the lack of ressolve, or pure intention of some managers, this duo is currently enjoying almost unlimited powers.

The rest can be left to the imagination of the individual, but as this thread shows, the bitter consequences for the crews are already in place.

P.S. Edited by Avius - for political correctness and overextensive use of abusive words. :O