PDA

View Full Version : IF... Self Sponsored TR/ or not. Another RYAN AIR thread

Kerropi
17th Feb 2003, 21:52
As you already have read on the Ryan Air recruitment website, they just recently changed their requirements from having 300 hrs on type to just an type rating on the 737.

I was wondering IF... and I say again IF.. they were hiring pilots with no type rating (737) and and if you had to do the interview first, and a job offer subject to the TR.

How many of you low time /not type rated pilots desperate for a job will then do a self sponsored type rating?.

radarnose
18th Feb 2003, 10:50
If offered a right hand seat job...?

Immediately!

Later

Wave Drag Jones
18th Feb 2003, 10:53
job offer subject to TR I would do immediately.

Kerropi
18th Feb 2003, 11:37
why can't I post a poll here????

The reason why I post this is that many people are against paying for job... but what if you were garanteed for a job after interview...

radarnose
19th Feb 2003, 09:52
I don't know a single soul who isn't against paying for a job!

And...aviation is most likely the only industry where this is considered common practice but...under the circumstances you would be considered a very lucky s.o.b. to even be offered a position despite of having to pay for it.

The only way to end this is by having all pilots to agree to refuse to pay for the job..
And we all know that's not gonna happen.

Or.... by legislation, but that wouldn't quit fit in a free market economy now,would it?

Greetings,

Radarnose a.k.a. Ghostrider

http://www.smilies.nl/tales/men_ani.gif

aardvark keeper
19th Feb 2003, 10:13
If you are thinking of buying a type rating,

Sorry guys-you are shafting it for all of us and yourselves eventually!!!

The question is "When will it all stop???"

Maybe people will listen when the airlines ask for a contribution towards the Jepps!