PDA

View Full Version : Who sat the early Feb ATPL's??

Backontrack
16th Feb 2003, 10:05
I need help!

I sat the early Feb exams and got my results yesterday, I'm partly really pleased but also shattered with one result. I passed 5 of 7 first time. However, my killer subject, Gen Nav, which I worked soooo hard on, I got 74%, missed by 1%, it's crippling me to think of having to work on Nav again.

I want to know if any of you have ever appealed a mark that you've been awarded and what the result was. Or even what is the best way to appeal. I also need help from anyone who actually sat the Gen Nav exam this time around who can remember any contentious or even slightly vague question/answer in order that I may have a basis for an appeal.

I understand that people fail these exams but I would rather have failed convincingly in order that I did not feel so robbed.

HELP me if you have any guidance.

Cheers:mad:

parris50
16th Feb 2003, 12:52
I think your best bet would be to appeal through your training school. Their opinion might carry a bit more weight with the CAA. There have been instances in the past where papers have been marked again.

I remember last August, the correct answer appeared twice in the four options. When I mentioned it to the invigilator, she told me to put a comment on the rough working paper.

Good luck!

Dean Johnston
16th Feb 2003, 14:29
Backontrack,

Check your PM's

D.J.