PDA

View Full Version : All you lucky barstweards who got a loan!!!!

Kempus
14th Jan 2002, 18:27
Dear all,

What i needing is some help finding out info about the industry as it is, ie. is it picking up?, situation in 2 years time etc.!

Alot of you that have put a notice up on the board saying that you got a wee loan from HSBC to fund trainning have mentioned that you did a little presentation which helped when at the bank. Where did you get the info?

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers, Kempus

The Boy Lard
14th Jan 2002, 21:50
Kempus,

There have been many many threads on this very subject so maybe a scroll through the archives may produce more info.

However here is my story:

Contacts many flight schools in UK, States and Europe and had them send all their glossy brochures.

From that chose a few schools that fit my bill and visited them and got definite quotes.

Eventually chose a school and researched accomodation costs, travel costs etc...

Filled in application form and sent it to HSBC (Not a customer at time)then followed that up with phone calss to arrange a time to discuss application as the form didnt provide enough info to the manager.

Created spread sheet showing total costs, living expenses, my contribution etc. took log book and glossy brochures dressed for a formal interview (Best suit, haircut, shiny shoes, you know the drill)

After me explaining the ins and outs of training and employment prospects I was made a provisional offer subject to suitable security (Nothing out of the ordinary there).

Now I'm at OATS and loving every minute.

Just remember to research your subject, hopefully you should be reletively knowledgable (At least enough to sound knowledgable to a bank manager who doesnt fly), be smart and sufficiently humble and you shouldnt have any real problems.

Good luck.

TBL