PDA

View Full Version : Passed Module 1 at BGS!

MattDavey23
15th Feb 2003, 08:42
Morning everyone,

Just got the dreaded envelope through this morning from the CAA, and it turns out I've passed all of Mod 1. As you can imagine, I'm over the moon!

So, if anyone is looking to start down the distance learning route for their ATPL's, may I suggest you look no further than Bristol Groundschool. Absolutely brilliant, with a superb bunch of instructors that really know how to get you through!

Anyone else got their results from the Feb exams?

SimJock
15th Feb 2003, 09:55
well done Matt, I also got my envelope today and another clean sweep..

Mass & Balance 100% (well alright !)
VFR Comms 96%
General Nav 95%
Flight Planning 94%
Instruments 88%
IFR Comms 86%
Human Perf 83%
Meteorology 79%

I Just can't believe I passed Met after finishing in 1hour 10 minutes ..

Roll on module 2 !

Come on Lee.. post your results up !

Andy

gdnhalley
15th Feb 2003, 10:20
Also just got the envelope but for mod 2, with Bristol as well, and passed them. I could never do this at school!!

gdn

BritishGuy
15th Feb 2003, 12:01
There's always one....and thats me. Got my results this morning and here goes:

PoF 65%
AFS 71%
Inst 67%
Flt Plann 74%
Gen Nav 74%
Ops Procs 76%

What do I have to do??? I got 74% for PoF last time around and now I'm getting to a stage that I'm awfully frustrated and am very confussed. I have seen sooooo many 'average' (saying that very lightly as I realise that its not 'PC') people fly through these exams, but with me 10 months after passing my first batch of exams I can't seem to get though these. I have 2 sittings left and 2 attempts also. I don't know what to do.

RED WINGS
15th Feb 2003, 13:36
Well Done guys just got mine too got all 8 of module 2 with EPTA
91 in RNAV cant believe it

Bad luck British guy stick with it my friend we all know its complete B&^$Ģit but it has to be done.
You will get there I know guys who failed everything the first time round then passed all in one go on the second. just chill out think off the end result.

I dont know what course you are on but it sounds like it would be an idea to try another school. Although your school may be great I find it often helpsto get a diferent angle it often boosts you the extra 15%. Some people learn better this way give it a thought oh plus hammer as much feedback as possible. I have aquired feedback from just about everywhere. I found BGS a lot harder than needed to be however was a great way to learn subjects but Oxford has to be the best to be reading the week or so before as it is so close to the caa stuff.

Anyway keep your chin up get bladdered tonight and hit the books hard from monday!!!

Good Luck my friend let us know how you get on.;)

quidam
15th Feb 2003, 13:47
Got my envelope too and also managed to pass all 8 Mod 1 exams.

Matt, good to see you carried your course performance across to the actual sittings.

Fingers crossed the others have also done well.

Glad the CAA 'tea fund' isn't getting any more immediate donations from me yet.

Would agree that BGS were excellent

Off down the pub now :)

Howard

timzsta
15th Feb 2003, 14:53
Returned home today from work at Stansted this afternoon, frozen fingers, ears and nose, splattered in type 2 de icing fluid, to find the dreaded envelope!

PoF - 83%
Systems - 79&
Mass & Balance - 83%
Performance - 83%
Air Law - 88%
Hp & L - 96%
VFR comms - 87%
IFR coms - 91%

Absolutely over the moon, delighted all the hard work distance learning paid off. Thoroughly recommend London Guildhall, and the vast amount of feedback questions I got - probably somewhere in the order of 3000! Special thanks to the HP&L lecturer - I only read the book for the first time 3 weeks before the exam, so to get 96% is a testament to its quality and the help given.

For all you distance learners out there, it can be done, it is not impossible, just get all the feedback you can and study hard in the last few weeks. Feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] should you want to discuss anything.

Hi ho, hi ho, its down the pub we go!

Squawk 2650
15th Feb 2003, 16:15
PASSED them all bar met!! but got 91% on HP!!! who cares about the weather anyway, thats what instruments are for!! :O

VFE
15th Feb 2003, 16:28
Well done folks!

Have any of you Module 1 people got any feedback you could pass onto me? I am sitting mod 1 (except M&B) in May and from previous experience know just how important feedback is!

I would be very, very grateful for anything. If you could email me at [email protected] maybe we could sort something out?

Thanks for anyone willing to help.

VFE.

USE THE RUDDERS
15th Feb 2003, 21:12
Got mine this morning aswell.

Nav 90%
Flight Planning 87%
HPL 89%
Met 76%
Ins 77%
VFR Comms 91%
IFR Comms 100%

and lastly Mass&Balance 72% (so close no cigar)

Rgds.

rotormad
16th Feb 2003, 16:20
YEah guys, would love some form of feedback, im doing mod 1 in May with BSG and feel quite isolated...Finding the work very demanding and can i remember those bloody nav formula....no...

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Rotormad

Mintflavour
16th Feb 2003, 16:33
I havent got my results yet, I guess that means I will get them tomorrow morning. This build up is unbearable now, I wish I got them yesterday like you guys, as I wouldnt be expecting it, I will let you know tomorrow.

Mint

AndyDRHuddleston
17th Feb 2003, 07:47
Guys / Gals,

Just a quickie to congratulate you all on passing your exams.

Now that you've got most of the hardwork out the way you can relax a little and feel sorry for the rest of us who are just about to start the ATPL's!!!

Well Done!!!

Andy

dmdrewitt
17th Feb 2003, 08:01
Andy

Don't forget the title of this forum "Mod 1". The hard work is no where near over! 6 more subjects to go!

Dave

Mintflavour
17th Feb 2003, 08:08
Good morning, well got them this morning...CHA CHING

Mass &Balance 97%
Instruments 93%
Flt Planning 95%
Gen. Nav 93%
MET 85%
HPL 96%
VFR Comm 91%
IFR Comm 91%

:D :D :D :D

Very happy I now want to go to the pub but no.. got to do a days work.

Congrats to everybody and many thanks to BGS and i will every body there for Mod 2 in May.

Mint

charlie flyer
17th Feb 2003, 14:10
Way to go Matt.

Congratulations to you and to all.
Got mine this morning(Monday). Didn't sleep a wink after reading Matt's post last night.
But it looks like sitting next to Matt at BGS helped cos I passed em all.

M & B 93%
Inst 84%
Fp & M 85%
Gen Nav 85%
Met 85%
HP & R 96%
VFR 96%
IFR 95%

:D :D :D :D :D

Come on Gav, Ste De Wet and the rest how have you got on.
Got my fingers crossed.
Going downstairs to pour myself a free pint.

Thank you to all @ BGS.
Couldn't recommend the place highly enough.

Charlie

:p

Poontang Luva
18th Feb 2003, 09:49
Still waitin Charlie!!! And awesome effort btw!!!! Top stuff guys!

Y'know it takes awhile for the mail to get to the land downunder!

I'm loosin sleep over the wait!

After seein all the awesome results i'm afraid i'm gonna end up as the class reject!! :}

Hopefully tomoro...........

Oh I got an email from Steve............... he nailed em all as well!!

charlie flyer
18th Feb 2003, 14:11
Good news buddy
I've heard the mail ship has just departed from Southampton.
And will be with you in 2004.
29deg C. Lucky B*****d. :*
All the best
Charlie:D

Poontang Luva
19th Feb 2003, 14:45
News just in (Thanks Noush ;)):

I got all 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

M&B 97%
Inst 86%
Flt Pl 90%
Gen Nav 94%
Met 83%
HP&L 89%
VFR 96%
IFR 86%

I can't bl00dy believe it!! God knows how I got through HP & Inst.... who cares!! Its done!!!

BIG THANKS to the team at BGS (Alex, Tom, Ken, Baz, Noush - hope i didn't miss anyone)!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Anyone out there still thinkin about a ground school, I couldn't recommend BGS enough!

Gav