PDA

View Full Version : RBA fleet upgrade

GOH
14th Feb 2003, 14:32
Allo all

I was just wondering if Royal Brunei are still getting two A319's. I read from somewhere the cancellations for Airbus and it said they had cancelled them but does this mean they were just sold to a leasing company (for RBA to lease back)? Plus on the RBA website it says they are getting em but I dunno!!!! :confused:

Plus on a past post I think it was said that a cabin refurbishment was due to happen early this year? But with all the cost cutting is this going to happen????

Thanks a lot!:ok:

desmadronic
17th Feb 2003, 22:59
We are still getting the A319's, supposedly to replace the rusty 757's. The delivery positions have been taken over by an american leasing company, delivery dates remain the same.
The cabin refurbishment has been put on hold indefinetly due to cost, so you will all have to continue to enjoy the delights of a 17 year old cabin design. There is talk, however of a new paint scheme.That should make it more comfortable!!

Big Kahuna
18th Feb 2003, 10:28
Will that new paint scheme come on the A340's that RBA is rumoured to be getting later in the year.

slingsby
18th Feb 2003, 14:18
A319's online this year through a Singapore leasing company. Futher expansion planned for next three years, with some middle east destinations being phased out through longer range aircraft. Frankfurt is already going ahead in June with direct BKK then BSB, with LHR following on some time next year to co-incide with planned fleet expansion. No cabin refurbishments for any Boeing aircraft, only the new Airbus will have ''Super Business Class'' seats with in-seat entertainment, economy seats will be upgraded with leg rests and adjustable head rests. KWI offline now due to certain upcoming events, no plan for re-start. JED routes to be minimum rest. BNE re-scheduled to enable night runway closure 24.00 - 05.00 . Off schedule flights will divert to ROK. B757 plans are to covert them to freighters, possibly to retain them or sell them to dedicated cargo airline.

New CEO seems to be on the right track and looks to be guiding the airline back to recovery (slowly) He is definately commited to going forward, all he needs is the rest of BI to catch up.

Watch this space.:cool: :p

14U
19th Feb 2003, 01:45
SLINGSBY-"all he needs is the rest of BI to catch up" Today is Wens 19th and the pilots have no rosters for 23rd onwards, says it all does'nt it. Not even a note of explanation from the D. Flt Ops. Thanks for the rest of the news though. Fingers crossed for Team N Z today.

slingsby
20th Feb 2003, 07:31
The catch up quote was not for the workers......

Other info is reduced KCH and BKI but increased PVG !!

Snot Box
21st Feb 2003, 02:00
Is RBA going to be recruiting cadet pilots anytime soon?

GOH
20th Mar 2003, 11:55
Thats great news.

I am just wondering though, is it possible to fly Bangkok to Frankfurt non stop with the 763's?

How are they coping with one less aircraft as well?

Thanks

slingsby
10th Apr 2003, 01:39
sorry guys but its the big hairdryers next january for longhaul, 1 ex CX and 1 ex M/E carrier. Mini hairdryers for August/Sept with slightly larger blowers in December.

No Go Mr boeing:p

Borneo Wild Man
12th Apr 2003, 10:20
Oh geez and all that boning up on curling tongs is going to go to waste then.