PDA

View Full Version : VS flights to UVF

Dangerous_Dave
13th Feb 2003, 19:14
I'm going on my honeymoon to St. Lucia on Virgin on Tuesday for two weeks, and can not find out from anyone whether there is a tech stop either outbound or inbound.

Being out of the industry now, I cannot get in touch with internal flight schedules, and thought that someone here might be able to help me out.

traindriver
13th Feb 2003, 19:30
The Tuesday flight goes via Bardados. The Sunday one goes direct. Hope this helps.

Globaliser
13th Feb 2003, 20:04
BGI stop both ways, on Tuesdays.

A site like http://www.aeroplan.de/ap_rb_galileo.htm (or http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/people/edelman/travel/galileo/frame.html if you can't read German) can get you ready access to this type of information, if you clear the check box so that the information will come up as it does on a travel agent's screen. "LGW1UVF" at the left hand side means one stop. "LGW UVF" means no stops.

Wycombe
14th Feb 2003, 07:43
D_D,

You'll be on one of the LGW-based 744's, which means more Y Class than the LHR fleet, small Upper Class cabin right at the front (no bar) and Premium Econ upstairs only.

Although these are newish aircraft (built for Alitalia, but order cancelled and taken by VS), they also have inferior IFE to some of the LHR aircraft (eg, no phones at every seat).

Did the trip myself to UVF (on the Sunday flight, so direct) back in November. If you land towards the east at UVF (which you usually will, as that's the prevailing wind direction), look out for good views of the Pitons on the left hand side once on finals.

Do the heli sightseeing flight (St Lucia Helicopters, based at the other Airport in Castries run them) - that's if you're not doing a heli transfer from the airport - superb!

PM if you want any other gen. on St Lucia.

Oh, and if not helicoptering from UVF, enjoy the minibus ride to your resort (you'll see what I mean ;) )

Have a great trip :cool:

BN2A
14th Feb 2003, 11:09
Hope you don't have a TECH stop...;)