PDA

View Full Version : Instructors Rating/Licence

Easy226
14th Jan 2002, 02:09
Ive been for a few trial flying lessons and i hope to start flying towards my ppl soon. Many people become flying instructors to build up their flying time, but how do you get one (what are the requirements) and ALSO how much does it cost??!! Many thanx

Andrew Cant
14th Jan 2002, 02:19
As I understand it, the FI rating basically goes through the PPL again, but this time you're in the right hand seat. The instructor will show you how to give each lesson and you then 'teach' that lesson back to the instructor. However, if you want to get paid for your instructing, you will need a CPL too. I think the FI rating is a similar price to the PPL, but will depend on where you train.

I don't speak from experience, so please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

SPEEDBIRD5FP
14th Jan 2002, 15:11
HAVING JUST LOOK INTO IT, THE COURSE THE FI COURSE COSTS ABOUT £4500, IT CONSISTS OF 30HRS FLYING AND ABOUT 125HRS GROUND SCHOOL,I THINK MOST OF WHICH CAN BE DONE SELF STUDY.
AS WAS RIGHTLY SAID TO BE PAID FOR IT YOU NEED A VALID CPL. PRICES FOR WHICH VARY QUITE A LOT.
YOU CAN INSTRUCT ON A PPL, BUT YOU NEED TO DO AT LEAST THE CPL GROUND EXAMS (LAST I HEARD THEIR IS NO ONE DOING THE JAA CPL'S, JUST THE ATPL GROUND EXAMS)AND THE FI COURSE, BUT IT MEANS NO IMCOME.