PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Recruitment

UV
13th Feb 2003, 01:02
Can anyone please direct me to the EXACT Ryanair web page that gives me all the "small print" concerning Ryanair recruitment.
Being redundant, I want to know precicely what is involved with the type rating self paid(?), rates of pay, job offers, age limits etc.
Their recruitment page doesnt seem to give all "ifs and buts", or maybe I am looking in the wrong place.
Any help appreciated.

runway
13th Feb 2003, 14:34
who cares. i think that it is absolutely disgusting that airlines prey on the state of the industry by actually making low hours, newly qualified pilots pay to have their CV's read. aviation has always been an industry ridden with peaks and troughs, but i am pretty sure in saying that this kind of practice has never been implimented before. what are they thinking?

foghorn
13th Feb 2003, 15:32
low hours, newly qualified pilots

AFAIK, Ryanairs minimum requirements are a 737 rating and 300 hours on type, or 1,000 hours in a JAR25 aircraft. This hardly makes people low hours...

Whatever you think about the Ryanair application processing fee, it is designed to make people think before sending in their application, particularly those who don't meet the clearly-published requirements. This prevents their HR department from beign swamped by wannabes CV's.

I personally think that the fee is harsh but fair. I don't meet their requriements, so I'm not going to waste fifty quid on it. If I did, I wouldn't mind paying £50 for a shot at a Ryanair job. Simple.

UV
13th Feb 2003, 15:44
Thank you for the replies above. I am well aware of the feelings about Ryanair recruitment proceedures.
What my post is asking is what are the terms and conditions associated with their current recruitment push.
What are the salaries, age limits, sector pay, etc., and especially what are the conditions surrounding a self sponsored type rating? Is it mandatory and does one get a firm job offer. If not is that money lost?
I am not inexperienced and meet the requirements but do not have the type rating, hence the questions.
Any factual help appreciated.

PENNINE BOY
13th Feb 2003, 16:18
U V I have spoken to Ryanairs recruitment guys in Dublin.

The web site should be updated in the next few days regarding type ratings.

I believe that they have been trying to get 3or 4 T.R.T.O. to give them a reduced price for 737 type rating in return for a lot of people wanting to go down that road.

My only concern is do you actually get a contract before starting the course? I believe you dont start to get payed untill you have done your Line Check. That in all with the cost of your type rating I presume would take up at least 4 months with out pay.

:cool:

Cricketer
13th Feb 2003, 16:33
I thought Ryanair were still taking those with low hours and no type rating but had been to an intergrated school? That was I had been told by a current low hour pilot at ryanair.

AYR521
14th Feb 2003, 08:20
The new recruiment policy is out today on Ryanair website.
As I understand it, non rated pilots with ATPL/IR first need to get a self-sponsored 737 type rating with the approved schools and only then will be considered.
It is a big gamble...

foghorn
14th Feb 2003, 08:24
Still, there may be a silver lining - it shows that the pool of 737 rated guys is drying up.

Splat
14th Feb 2003, 08:26
Interesting indeed, although all that's changed is the 300 hours on type as far as I can see.

I wonder if Easy will start taking a look at those of us who have registered and not heard anything, before we all run off to Gecat to get a TR.