PDA

View Full Version : Jet2 Amsterdam... 1 hour late

Localiser Green
12th Feb 2003, 08:34
Jet2 launched services from Leeds Bradford this morning, rather embarrassingly the inaugral flight landed 1 hour 8 minutes late into Amsterdam arriving at 10:23 instead of 09:15. :eek:

Passengers on KLMuk got in to Amsterdam on time from Leeds this morning, so the delay is a little embarassing for an inaugral (competing) service, but what can you do?!

mcdonnellluke
12th Feb 2003, 12:55
Hello
Does anyone know what callsign Jet 2 are using?
Luke

expedite_climb
12th Feb 2003, 13:43
Unless they have their own AOC already then itll be Channex

misterblue
12th Feb 2003, 13:59
Bit of fog and holding at AMS put us in about 40mins late from BHX. A bit of bad luck, tho' how KLM (AMS based airline) beat the slots is a puzzle...

HOODED
12th Feb 2003, 16:15
The flight was delayed due fog at AMS causing slot problems, the KLMuk got away on time strangely! Still the flight was full and everyone on the flight seemed happy! Good luck to Jet2 I'm sure you have a bright future.

Fofioo
12th Feb 2003, 21:29
It is possible that the KLM uk flight departed earlier due to the Fokker 100's superior low visability capability. The F100 is Cat3b requiring only 75 meters RVR and 0ft decision height, the B737-300 is only Cat3a, and requires 200 meters RVR with a 50ft decision height.

boredcounter
12th Feb 2003, 21:57
From my exp.
KLMUK, now cityhopper, (Yes deliberate) have a habit of getting the early slots into SPL. So the first flights are not regulated by CFMU, or indeed by SPL, sorry AMS.
KLM, in my 15 years exp. get better treatment at AMS, an Airporrt that has (CFMU approval) control over it's own traffic.
The last guy I pleaded with for 1hr on my 7hr slot delay for Crew Hrs, in the middle of summer, was born in '42.

Hello trade off, can LHR, LGW or MAN get away with 'green issues'

NO, they have to take every overfly, and do a %% good job.

AMS, SPL, cut the politics. You rely on us for your revenue?

You guys n girls may be good, your constant r/way changes as quotas expire, are dangerous.

Localiser Green
13th Feb 2003, 08:28
Unless they have their own AOC already then itll be Channex

Not too sure about that, how do bmi Baby use "Baby" and MyTravel Lite use "My Lite" when they both operate on the AOC of their respective parent companies?

expedite_climb
13th Feb 2003, 20:54
Localiser Green

- hold that thought !! Airtours and the whole kestrel / tourjet on different fleet discussion elsewhere. Bizarre....

BIG E
16th Feb 2003, 09:22
The slot would not take into account the viz cat of the aircraft unless the viz was less than 200m and CFMU issued an FLS.

U/S President
16th Feb 2003, 12:37
Localiser Green: This very interesting discussion that expedite_climb speaks of is to be found at Airtours callsign change - why? (http://www.pprune.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80746).