PDA

View Full Version : QF Classic Sim

661 KTAS
12th Feb 2003, 07:12
G'day folks,

I know this thread pops up every now and then but I havent seen it for a few weeks and im after some info !

Ive got te QF sim ride comeing up soon and was wondering if anyone has any info - or the briefing sheet that they'd care to share ??

I did the 744 one YPPH with Rob Grenup a few years ago and was wondering if there are any big differences ??

Can you simulate the classic sim ride config. (fuel and c of g etc) in FlightSim ?!?

Any info would be great ! Thanks !

The Messiah
13th Feb 2003, 02:08
Any info???

OK its at the Qantas Jet Base, Kingsford Smith International Airport.

Hope that helps.

Going Boeing
13th Feb 2003, 17:42
661, If you did a sim check with Rob Greenup then it must have been MANY years ago as he is very well established in his retirement.

The sim ride for pilot applicants at QF is purely to see if the applicant can fly on instruments. they are looking for accurate flying - not knowledge of aircraft systems or procedures etc. The classic is probably the closest QF type to a lot of GA aircraft in that the layout of instruments is in the longtime standard T format. You will be assigned by "ATC" headings, altitudes, etc to establish that your instrument scan is of an acceptable standard. My suggestion is to simply relax and fly attitude (not performance). The check pilot should give you instruction on the appropriate attitude v airspeed/configuration prior to the test so just concentrate on your IF.

All the best and I look forward to flying with you.

GB

PS. Don't forget to put your landing gear down on approach!