PDA

View Full Version : BAE Jerez students 2002

Mr Aerosexual
12th Feb 2003, 01:05
Just heard news that somebody that finished there commercial training in Jerez in 2002 has recently died. As I was in Jerez at this time just wondered if anyone knew anymore information. Really hope it is just a rumour, and if not condolences to the family concerned.

Cricketer
12th Feb 2003, 10:32
Without offending anybody's family - I think it would be appropriate for someone o post any news as I suspect there were a lot of people who finished in 2002 and all would like to know.

Again Condolences to the family if this is true.

ElNino
12th Feb 2003, 13:10
Brian McCullagh (AL4)

R.I.P.

Mister Geezer
12th Feb 2003, 19:37
Sad news.... can anyone confim where Brian was from or where he lived? :(

Wee Weasley Welshman
12th Feb 2003, 20:47
How desperately sad. Condolences all round.

CaesarAgustus
12th Feb 2003, 20:58
Brian was an Aer Lingus cadet and trained at Jerez.He was from Kilkenny in the South of Ireland.Not sure about the exact circumstances.

Condolences to the McCullagh family.

p.savage
12th Feb 2003, 21:06
That is absolutely devastating news.

Oh, how short life is.

Rest in Piece.

Condolences to all who encountered Brian.

Mr Aerosexual
12th Feb 2003, 22:45
Really am very sorry to hear about that.
My condolences to his family also.

Bagelman
13th Feb 2003, 01:15
I was on Brian's course and only found out about his death a few days ago. My condolences to all his family.

pretty boy
13th Feb 2003, 14:34
very sad news.
my sympathies to his family and all that knew him.
Brian was a good friend and a great pilot, he will be missed.

Danger Hailstorm SS6

high-flyer
14th Feb 2003, 12:28
Dear All

Brian passed away on last Thursday following a brain operation.

I was a member of AL4, Brian's class during flight training. The other members of the class supported him through the past 6 weeks since hearing of the situation, and were at his bedside last Thursday night.

Mass was held last weekend in his home town of Bagenalstown, County Carlow, and the funeral was held on Sunday.

Brian loved flying, and his dream of being selected as a Trainee Pilot for Aer Lingus had come true in October 2000. He graduated from BAE SYSTEMS in Jerez in March 2002. His enhusiasm was infectious - he will be sorely missed by relatives, friends and acquaintances alike.

His death was a great shock to all who knew him, some of the guys and gals he trained with may only have heard in the last few days. If any any of you feel as though you'd like to send cards/messages to his family i can supply an address. Get in touch independently if you need me to supply this.

Best Regards, and may he rest in peace.

high-flyer

drix51
14th Feb 2003, 13:58
I've just found out about this tragedy and i offer my deepest condolences to Brians family and friends on behalf of all the AerLingus cadets who trained in Oxford.

Something like this really does put things in perspective