PDA

View Full Version : Heavylift Phoenix like!!

FREIGHTMEISTER
11th Feb 2003, 20:49
Heard that Heavylift have risen from the ashes and opened a new office in OST airport, has Hales and Pace got any input in this?? and what aircraft are they going to operate..

Just curious as an ex HLA...

Freightmeister :suspect:

VP8
12th Feb 2003, 14:54
Heard on the grapevine that it's something to do with a diesel 8 out of BAK....

VEEPS;)

dc8loadie
13th Feb 2003, 09:45
believe that DC8 belongs to Heavylifts ex financier(of middle eastern origin).and is indeed operating out of ostend

BRISTOLRE
13th Feb 2003, 09:50
The alleged HLA office is connected with the Silk Air DC8 flying in/out of Azerbaijan. This is an ops/mx office for this aircraft.
Just because it has a HLA sign above the door everyone assumes it a HLA operation!!!

VP8
14th Feb 2003, 09:45
Hey Bristol know something anyone else doesn't??

Let everyone know as they say theres no smoke without fire!!

VEEPS ;)

Jamesov Bondski
3rd Mar 2003, 17:04
Hi VP8,

Is true HLA sign in OST. This is a recently set up ALG marketing office, I believe run by 1 ALG guy called Ron Black. Idea is to market a small fleet of DC8 and the CL44 Guppy. Understand all aircraft are owned by ALG, leased out and wet leased back in (the old game eh). Rumour is the middle eastern gent was not ready to stop playing after Hales and Pace allowed HLA to slip under. He already owned rights to use HeavyLift name in US and has either set up the office using these rights, or another rumour is purchased name from Touche the recievers.

VP8 would be very interested to hear what you know from inside the old former HL walls.
;)

VP8
5th Mar 2003, 13:33
Hey J Bski

What can I say other than the commercial dept seem to be reverting to the old HLA ways and screwing the Ops dept as often as possible.

Just got Binksy back in Ops on a part time basis as they seem to have realised that you cannot run the Ops dept on an understaffed basis :=, although I'm not complaining much with all the overtime in the offing!!

Still looking for pastures new though you can only take so much crap on a daily basis.....which is a shame as I really like working with the old Antonovs ...:) wether any of the other opsies feel the same I can't say but the rate of sickies seems to be rising!!

VEEPS :}

VIKING9
5th Mar 2003, 16:29
VP8 check your PM and read about why you are understaffed :rolleyes: