PDA

View Full Version : Australia???

Pitot-tube03
11th Feb 2003, 17:39
hEY GUYS!

BY THE LOOKS OF MOST YOUR PROFILES, A GREAT NUMBER OF YOU ARE FROM AUSTRALIA! I AM A CANADIAN CITIZEN PLANNING TO MOVE TO AUSTRALIA. I AM INTERESTED IN ANY INFO THAT I CAN GET ON THE PILOT JOB SITUATION IN AUSTRALIA? I HAVE AN ICAO CANADIAN COMMERCIAL LICENSE WITH MULTI-IFR, AND HAVE GAINED APPROX 1000 HOURS TT. I HAVE ALSO GRADUATED FROM A 2 YEAR COMMERCIAL AVIATION DIPLOMA PROGRAM.
WHAT ARE THE CHANCE OF FINDING A JOB FAIRLY QUICKLY IN AUSTRALIA?

THANKS FOR ANY INFO PROVIDED!!!

flyblue
11th Feb 2003, 19:45
:eek: please just don't scream!!! :eek:

Pitot-tube03
11th Feb 2003, 20:24
Sorry Flyblue!!

My caps lock was on, No need to scream!:)

flyblue
11th Feb 2003, 20:31
Phew! hey, thanks! :)

skypryncess
11th Feb 2003, 23:05
Hi there pilot, and welcome. I think you may find better responses to your questions if you posted in one of the pilots forums. As to finding a job flying in Australia quickly I would think that your chances would be slim to none (only on the quickly point). Ansett, our second biggest carrier collapsed last year with thousands of experienced Pilots still out of work our job market is saturated.
Cheers

compressor stall
12th Feb 2003, 08:49
It's about the same as back in Canada.

Shake a tree and any number of qualified pilots fall out of it. As such many pilots are underpaid at best.

Multiply the difficulty of finding a job in your own country by the visa hassles, then add the cost of living times the licence conversion.

Despite this, I must admit to wading through the Canada job market with regular monotony. The grass is always greener.

Good Luck

CS

Maybe we could swap jobs!:D

gaunty
12th Feb 2003, 13:27
Stallie

Go to your PPRuNe Private messages box at once.

Select "show messages"... "from the beginning"..... then have a bit of a clean up coz I can't stuff a message into there.

Then email me your mobile number or call me please.:O :cool: