PDA

View Full Version : Viewing Terrace @ LHR

richardnei
11th Feb 2003, 17:29
Hello everybody!

I am visiting Heathrow Airport this Sat 15th Feb and could like to know the opening hours of the Viewing Terrace at T2.

Is this affected by the increased security at the airport.

Any help please.

Tom the Tenor
11th Feb 2003, 18:41
Richard, ignore Avman's genius reply to your very civil and straightforward query. This form is called Airlines, Airports & Routes and your question is clearly valid here.

I do not know if the terrace at LHR is open during these troubled times for enthusiasts but I guess a phone call to BAA Heathrow or to the Heathrow Police should provide you with the answer. I sure hope the viewing area is open for you on Saturday!

Happy viewing and greetings from Cork! :ok:

Hope u have a great funpacked holiday Tom, cya when u get back. Hogg

spagiola
11th Feb 2003, 20:06
Just heard that it's closed right now.

152captain
13th Feb 2003, 02:14
I was there 3 weeks ago, it was open. The upper level (metal balcony) was closed, probably due to rain and highish winds, but good views are afforded from the covered enclosure. The shop was open too.

Scuzi
7th Apr 2003, 06:40
I just found this post using the search.
I'll be visiting Heathrow next Saturday (12th April) and I would like to bring my camera with me to get some shots of the aircraft. Some people have told me that the viewing terrace is currently closed, but others tell me that it is open. Can anyone tell me what the current situation is?

If it is closed, are there any other spots around the airport where I could get some nice photos of the aircraft taking off and landing?

Avman
9th Apr 2003, 00:33
Since Mr Hogg decided to delete half my post - I can't remember exactly what I said to cause offence. However, I did honestly think that Richard would have had far more response to this type of question if he had addressed it to the Airliners forum I suggested - whose members are far more tuned to the particular subject of airport facilities for watching/photographing aircraft. Since what was left of my post made no sense other than indicating my being reprimanded by Mr Hogg, I have deleted it. My apologies to all for any offence caused. I was just expressing an opinion - which I thought was allowed.

Scuzi
12th Apr 2003, 01:31
Anyone know if it is still open or who I can call to find out? I'm off to LHR early tomorrow morning so would like to know whether or not to take my camera with me.

Thanks!

carbootking
12th Apr 2003, 02:54
depending which way planes r taking off u can either use the visitor centre good views but in doors plus lots of plane spotters or theres this garage near t4 esso i think found that the other week there was loads watching there also some people hang around industrial area near the bmi hanger and british airways bit i read in an airline mag that the terrace was closed because of the war