PDA

View Full Version : How did you get to the LHS??

rossco18_uk
12th Jan 2002, 20:59
Hi there fello wannabees,
I just thought I would post this message in order to ask a very simple question. How did you get to the LHS? As you are all very much aware, since 11/0/01, sponsorship is being kept to an all time low. Therefore, at the present moment, the only way I can see is to sit and wait, or to self-sponsor yourself. I am currently studying Aeronuatical Engineering and I am in my third year. What I am wondering is, for those of you who didn't get sponsorship by an airline, how did you get to the LHS of an airliner? Did you graduate and work as something for 4 years and save money, or did you have rich parents? I think if a lot of people posted their stories here then it would make a great read for the wannabee's. The reason I am asking, is that if the airlines are still not recruiting by the time I graduate, then I may have to go through self-sponsor route. My parents are not rich a therefore will have to work for a few years and save save save. At least if I can get half of it then I could get the other half, hopefully, from say HSBC for Oxford. The other day I sent away for an app pack for Oxford and I think they are planning on phoning me in a few days lol. Well I guess they haven't realized I am a student. Anyway, if you can answer the question let me know.

Cheers,

Ross

P.S. Just started reading the booking Flying the Big Jets, by Stanley Stewart. Fantastic book!!

Fast Jet Wannabe
14th Jan 2002, 02:08
Rossco, good to see you are keen, however, most people will consider serving a few years in the RHS first!

fireflybob
14th Jan 2002, 02:43
Lots of hard work, dedication and practice coupled with an element of luck!