PDA

View Full Version : Swiss & expat pilots

middlepath
10th Feb 2003, 13:33
Could any one shed some light if swiss is still hiring expat pilots, or how does future chances look.
cheers.

Aviation Trainer too
10th Feb 2003, 13:53
In a country where the state airline went bust, a lot of lay offs and a lot of state money put into the new airline... Not a good change I think

BeerFly
10th Feb 2003, 14:14
29 of them just got the redundancy letter telling them to leave this summer.

Chances pretty slim I would say.

10th Feb 2003, 17:49
Ja Boet, don't even think of joining Swiss with this economic outlook!!! The letters have been sent to the relevant members, although some were given permanent positions and moved their entire families here from far and abroad..... and then they get slapped in the face...!!! We can open a can of worms, if you want!! Needless to mention, poor comms from certain offices does not change the outlook.
My suggestion: look at www.pilotpointer.com, www.flitejobs.com, etc, ( I am not promoting anyone specific) there are NUMERUOS adverts for pilots in various companies, seeking experience on a variety of types of aircraft, helicopters if you have the licence, and maybe this helps you find a suitable position. Now, refering to this contradiction and above writing, my question, how does one company want to scale down when others are employing?
Life stays interesting, a bottle of Tassies a day, keeps the mosquito stings away.....????

middlepath
16th Feb 2003, 20:30
Hi 124.8
You think they will be out of business soon? thats unthinkable for a swiss flag carrier.

Robert Vesco
17th Feb 2003, 20:28
I agree with you on this one Studi.

The arrogance of the old Swissair is not the only thing that has infiltrated Crossair a.k.a. Swiss International Air Lines.

So
What
It´s
Still
Swissair

Managment still pretends all is well, however under the surface a lot is brewing.

A lot of people believe that as soon as Bush attacks Iraq, Swiss will have the perfect excuse to start cutting.

We´ll see in a couple of weeks/months.

18th Feb 2003, 11:03
MP & RV & Studi,
Maybe ".....thats unthinkable for a swiss flag carrier." The question was, DO YOU WANT TO JOIN AS EX-PAT? NOT after looking at www.swissinfo.ch, when the Belgium government plus Ernest & Young report found some interesting facts..... the next question is, what about the next set of managers at Swiss...????? What about CHF 16 million for the previous "advisors"(newspaper report) for 6 months of work, is that reasonable? Do you think CHF 800,000 for a two day course is expensive??? If so, there is reason why the next Swiss might not last long....but there might be more money stashed somewhere for a new "Schweiz" airline, where you can make announcements in German and French freely....depends on the transient time for English.....

:p .
The thread might lead to other things...:eek:

;) ;) ;)

middlepath
19th Feb 2003, 18:32
Does that mean they are going to defer the delivery of EMB 170/195? In that case some one should start another airline in CH just in time to capture the market. I am sure it will work well as long as done by professionals.
Any comment?

middlepath
19th Feb 2003, 21:08
Is that some kind of swiss way that they are always bit slow in any action, when LH aircraft fly full MUC-BSL-MUC just ahead of LX flight and next Lx flight is flying with hardly any pax on board.In aviation business flexibility and action is the key. Planing too long ahead and being inflexible can be harmful in this changing aviation inviroment. Management knows better, dont they!

20th Feb 2003, 21:42
MP , I like the way you put this phrase:
"I am sure it will work well as long as it done by professionals."

Where is "Air Switzerland"? Because no-one wanted to back them up, is that why it faded.

Now the professionals: I recall a certain " professional" from the US, helping out a certain African carrier with their red to black money numbers, but after his wheeling and dealing, he left his 5 year term only after 3.5 years, walking out with a heafty $80 million. It smells of the same kind of rat in Europe somewhere.
Some companies are making money, AND survive, AND lease other companies pilots.......AND fly full:rolleyes:
:p :rolleyes: :p