PDA

View Full Version : Arrogant Ryan Air

polyglory
10th Feb 2003, 09:50
Having just read this article, I'll not be one of their passengers ever.

http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2003/02/10/nryan10.xml&sSheet=/news/2003/02/10/ixhome.html.

I guess they will not lose any sleep over that, but the arrogance of it floors me.

Crepello
10th Feb 2003, 10:01
There was a lively debate over FR ID policy a few weeks ago:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76934

bealine
10th Feb 2003, 10:13
Biycott them!!!

Ban Ryanair from British soil!!!

Hell hath no greater fury than Pegasus riled! No doubt 2 Para will get revenge at some point!

"......What manner of men are these. that fearlessly jump from the sky?" - quote by Field Marshal Montgomery upon seeing soldiers from the Parachute Regiment for the first time!

Llademos
10th Feb 2003, 19:23
Interesting that this is now on three different forums (fora?) ... with only the odd apologist for Ryanair's breathtaking arrogance and 'don't care' attitude. One day they will need their supporters, and nobody will be there.

CHIVILCOY
10th Feb 2003, 20:56
What goes around comes around and it definately will for Ryanair and maybe other low cost airlines unless they get their customer relations sorted out and stop their bully boy tactics.

The honeymoon for them will soon be over as PAX begin to realise that it's not always cheaper to fly with them, I have just come back from Amsterdam with KLM the return fare was £69 and included a nice bottle of wine with sandwich, I was quoted £130 with Easyjet.

I say check out the major airlines fares first before you commit yourself to the low-costers you may be surprised!!!!!;)

bealine
10th Feb 2003, 21:25
Hiya Llademos (shouldn't that be Llamedos, of "Sod Em All" fame???)

Don't tell me you've rekindled your flying passions?:=

PAXboy
10th Feb 2003, 21:59
I did enjoy reading that. What a customer relations triumph. I flew with them once and that was all I needed not to touch them again. And that was before I started hearing about them on PPRuNe!

Momo
11th Feb 2003, 19:56
At the risk of being the only one... I have flown with them reasonably often, and have never had any problem whatsoever. I also find it hard to understand how anyone booking with them via the web could fail to understand what IDs are accepted. While it is certainly true that they are alleged to have a very poor attitude to service, I have never come across this problem personally. Two family members who are UK based have used them much more often than I have, have also heard the bad stories, but not had any such experience themselves. Yes, we all have low expectations at the prices we are paying.

All airlines have problems from time to time. The low-cost carriers generally have neither the infrastructure nor the margins to be flexible when problems arise. Swiss, for example, continues to be very flexible indeed, but we Swiss taxpayers just bailed them out to the tune of SFr 2 billion, with no return to profit in sight.

Momo

Fosters Expat
16th Feb 2003, 19:16
It's nice to see that someone like Momo stands up for something they believe in.

I have been lucky that I have never had to travel with a low-cost carrier, and as long as I can avoid them I will. I believe that there are some serious questions that need raising by the official aviation authorities about how some of them go about their business.

Personally I would rather spend more, and fly with a carrier that I have faith in.

I say boycott them! It's not going to hurt them, but it will make a statement to the paying public that even the government won't put up with their arrogance.

:suspect: :suspect:

eng123
1st Mar 2003, 22:38
Fosters,you clearly do not know anything about the subject you are talking about.By reading your post,I get the impression you are implying that RYR are somehow unsafe and operating below the standards [safety and legally] that the likes of BA etc do........well I have news for you,RYR personnel hold the same licences as do BA/Aer Lingus etc,RYR aircraft are maintained to the same standards and RYR operate their airline to the same regulations.So stop making insinuations about something which you know nothing about.

bealine
2nd Mar 2003, 06:46
Hmm......eng123, obviously you didn't take notice of Ryanair's pilots disagreements a few months ago! MO'L has pressurised his pilots into flying longer with faster turnarounds that border on the very extremes of legality!!! His pilots have even questioned Air Traffic Control decisions which, whilst wasting time arguing the toss and preventing the Controller from scanning the radar picture, could jeopardise the safety of another carrier's aircraft!!!

Yes, the pilots hold the same licences, yes, the pilots are professionals but when you have an utter bar steward as Chief Executive who regards Health, Safety and Security as just so much "Red Tape", you end up with a cowboy operator!!!

It is patently obvious that the "no-frills" bubble will burst fairly soon. People aren't stupid for long and it is very clear that Ryanair is either "stacking" the fares for last-minute pax (and BA is often cheaper anyway) or being very creative with the accountancy! Michael O'Leary clearly doesn't care for his employees and, on grounds of conscience alone, his airline should be boycotted!!!