PDA

View Full Version : bmi baby - Ops Director

flappless
9th Feb 2003, 22:18
Heard that JR got the job - blimey!

Localiser Green
9th Feb 2003, 22:30
Assume you are referring to John Robertson? Care to elaborate on the "blimey", for those of us who aren't in bmi?

There was me thinking the Friday announcement was going to be Manchester as base 3??

bmi baby Press Release (http://www.bmibaby.com/bmibaby/en-gb/sectiondetails.aspx?p=4)

flappless
16th Feb 2003, 21:51
Assume you are referring to John Robertson? Care to elaborate on the "blimey", for those of us who aren't in bmi?

Anyone who knows the character knows what I mean by "blimey". At least he is NOT part of mainline anymore ! Sigh of relief !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MaximumPete
17th Feb 2003, 07:39
It's such a shame he has to go somewhere!

MP:cool:

Firm Touchdown
19th Feb 2003, 17:31
Some people only have bad to say about this fellow because they messed up themselves and thus had to deal with him as part of a disciplinary. He I am sure from experience dislikes getting involved in welfare issues just like the rest of us. Unfortunately it is part of his job.

He should be given a chance to prove himself at bmibaby. I am certain that he will rise to the challenge. Maybe when the new management team takes over at bmibaby, things may change for the better.

I wish him the very best in his endeavours and hope that the workforce will both encourage him and put forward new and sensible ideas to help with the growth and success of the bmi offshoot.:mad: :mad: :mad:

MaximumPete
19th Feb 2003, 17:41
Ah!!!

The naivety of youth.

Take care my friend

MP;)

Firm Touchdown
19th Feb 2003, 17:57
Not naive. I just dont like to see a man being put down before he has the opportunity to prove himself. I am certain that JR has made mistakes but I hope that he has learnt from them. Are you telling me that you have never made mistakes my friend. As an experienced trainer, I am sure that you realise that part of the development process is learning from your mistakes.

I like to look for the best in people. The world is an ugly place without 'badmouthing' people. I have a deep respect for all that I work with, but I also realise that the majority would smile at me one minute and stick the knife in the next. What a terrible society we live in.

I trust you will appreciate my views. They may not be your personal views but are equally valid!

MaximumPete
20th Feb 2003, 08:29
Much appreciated

MP

PS I think I owe you a beer or three

Firm Touchdown
21st Feb 2003, 21:58
Grotehaasje,

Did I mention your name? DO NOT tar me with the same brush as those others that you have dealt with at bmi. I have no wish to be confrontational and am a big enough man to be able to say any of my personal feelings to a mans face.

If you were not so bitter, you might even start enjoying your new life outside bmi!!!!!!!!!!

Its over. Forget it for everybodies sake. Your story is old news and boring. WE ARE NOT INTERESTED!

Good luck JR, enjoy your retirement Max Pete and I have learned from both of you in one way or another. I will buy you a beer anytime!

Im off now to attempt to enjoy the remainder of my career. There are many years left and I intend to enjoy every single day!

See ya.:cool:

Anthony Carn
22nd Feb 2003, 08:00
Firm Touchdown

Forget it for everybodies sake. Your story is old news and boring.Could you please explain why such incidents should be forgotten ?

WE ARE NOT INTERESTED!Are you including me in the "we" ?

Firm Touchdown
23rd Feb 2003, 20:44
Yawn, Yawn, Yawn.

I rephrase. 'I' am not interested and just because Grotehaasje cant forget his dealings with bmi, he surely doesn't have to ram it down our throats every time he makes a post.

This particular topic is all about the merits of the new 'Head of Ops' for bmibaby. I certainly hope all of you people who wish to slag this chap off, are brave enough to say it to his face. I very much doubt it.

From experience, the big mouth ,abusive pilots who are the minority in the bmi community are generally cowards and tend to go very quiet when confronted by the victim of their abuse. I have been just that victim on many occasions. I use to let it bother me but now it makes me chuckle. They are so very sad!!!

Now i 'm off to enjoy my evening. :cool:

flappless
26th Feb 2003, 22:58
I certainly hope all of you people who wish to slag this chap off, are brave enough to say it to his face. I very much doubt it

You'd be surprised.

Whats gets me is how many last chances a character like this gets to learn from his mistakes ? I know that when you sit in the front of an aeroplane you get one chance to make a mess of it. If you are a manager, particularly with a company like this one, you get as many chances as you need because you are likely to be incompetent.

Maybe it is the same everywhere else.

MaximumPete
27th Feb 2003, 15:29
flappless

That's life

You would be amazed how many incompetents there are out there and I don't restrict my opinion to the aviation world.

They come in all sorts of shape, size and mental accumen, or lack of it! Eventually they trip over as sure as eggs is eggs.

Just sit back and watch. At times it can be frustrating watching their antics but overall a great spectator sport. I saw more ops directors come and go than you can count on one hand. Chief pilots fared a little better.

Just make sure you don't suffer from coulrophobia

MP:O

MaximumPete
2nd Mar 2003, 20:28
Just to answer the question from several folk:-

Coulrophobia means fear of clowns.

MP

Hew Jampton
2nd Mar 2003, 23:22
Coulrophobia means fear of clowns Interesting stuff in the Saga magazine, eh MP?

Little Blue
3rd Mar 2003, 00:18
Hear, hear, Hew..
I hear that Bournemouth is very relaxing at this time of year, PR ! ;)

MaximumPete
3rd Mar 2003, 08:16
Hew,

Yeah,

I'm a life member and determined to get my money's worth.

Little Blue

I've applied to join the barbecue club down there but not had a reply yet. Still hoping!!

MP

;)

ducksoup
3rd Mar 2003, 17:21
Grote and Pete,
Please give it a rest; you are in grave danger of becoming terminally boring.
Both of you had your employment provided by and wages paid for many years, by BMA/bmi.
You must have had some good times, otherwise you would have surely left before you did.
Give us all a break and remember them!

NOT a Ruddy Duck, thankfully.

MaximumPete
3rd Mar 2003, 17:45
ducksoup,

What's your problem, somebody thrown a stone in your pond?

I didn't notice good times or length of service to be issues on this thread but at risk of being BORING:-

I had a b****y fantastic time at BMA/bmi and I would not have changed anything for the world. It was far better than working for a living!

MP;)

ducksoup
3rd Mar 2003, 20:56
There, there, Pete. That didn't hurt a bit did it?
You'll feel better now and you can forget what the nasty man might have said.

Here's wishing you success Mr. Ops Director.

Grotehaasje
4th Mar 2003, 17:49
Duck me old,

I enjoyed the company of some marvellous people at BM too and wouldn't hear a word against 99% of them. I had a most enjoyable couple of evenings with some the guys last week and still have good friends working there !

Regrettably, the few who make mistakes do colour your view of things, but I'm not terminally boring; had "The Management" had any respect for the rule of law I would be back in the fold working again for BM. It was they, not me, who refused to abide by the rule of law!!

And of course your colleague who is now the baby DFO was one of "The Management".

Good Luck to baby, and from what I hear Geoff at the helm of mainline is gradually making a difference which is good for everyone; maybe under his new "integrity and honesty " regime, he'll ask me back! ;)

Anne.Nonymous
5th Mar 2003, 14:20
Grot

"maybe under his new "integrity and honesty " regime, he'll ask me back! "

May I respectfully suggest you hold your breathe until he does?

Anne :O

OldFogey
6th Mar 2003, 11:39
Firm Touchdown and ducksoup

Just wondering if you two are related to JR or perhaps you are JR?

Hew Jampton
6th Mar 2003, 11:49
Firm Touchdown and ducksoup

Probably management wannabes - training management perhaps? Like it was said before: 'A is so far up B's **** he can almost see C's shoes'.

Firm Touchdown
6th Mar 2003, 22:09
Sorry to p**s on you fire everyone, but I am not training management and have no aspirations to join the managenent team.

Just bored of listening to 'slagging'. You all must certainly have better things to do!!!

See ya!!!!!!

MaximumPete
7th Mar 2003, 13:17
ducksoup

Well, that just leaves you.

Sink or swim time?

MP:D

ducksoup
9th Mar 2003, 14:32
Pete
Like Firm Touchdown, I too am fed up with you both you and Grote slagging off JR and, by assosciation, the company that you are no longer part of. I assume that neither of you are likely to be assosciated with JR's new company.

What I will say however, is that you stand in danger of losing some of the respect in which you are deservedly held and I find that very sad.

As for my own position; that is nothing to do with you, so I will continue to swim thanks.

That's all.

The duck

flappless
9th Mar 2003, 21:31
Anyone know what pension scheme JR is paying into ?

MaximumPete
10th Mar 2003, 10:03
Wotcha duckie:-

Just looking through this thread and my postings appear to be more or less on par with the other good folk who have chosen to contribute.

I'm expressing my views and opinions and, as they have not been struck out by the moderator, I assume they are within the PPrune rules.If I make comments about your views posted here it is your views and not you as a person that are under discussion.

I personally do not give a flying anglo-saxon expletive what you post about me personally and it will not make me change my views.

Jeepers, you'd have me thrown in the Tower and topped if you had your way.

Hey ho!!

MP:O

davidberry20031
10th Mar 2003, 13:05
I have had some good news from my uncle about what it is like over in Iraq.
He tells me that the Americans have been killing local people because they haev been sending in missile into targets and then they have killed inersent cervillians.

I think that the americans can not handle there missiles so when they fire them they dont know what they are firing at.