PDA

View Full Version : Rating transfer to OZ license

Eddington the Rodger
8th Feb 2003, 23:31
Can anyone please let me know how / if CASA will transfer a Jet rating from my USA ATP to Aussie ATPL despite the fact that no a/c of this type are presently on the Oz registration. Afterall the more ratings one has spread around on ones licenses the bettter off....any feedback will be most appreciated.

Sheep Guts
9th Feb 2003, 03:43
If its in the Book, get it. If its not. Put it in. Ring 131 757 they should help.

Mainframe
9th Feb 2003, 12:08
try the CASA website, go CAO 40.1 appendices and you'll find almost any aircraft made listed there.

Sheep Guts
11th Feb 2003, 01:55
Bindook,
I naturally assumed, it was possible. I got my 65-A90 time recognised and they gave me B90 Ive also flown C90s aswell. But no it was allready there.But the depths of youre knowledge you have dispalyed from your previous post suggests its impossible.

Regards
Sheep

Herc Jerk
11th Feb 2003, 02:15
Ed

I think you'll find it won't happen, unfortunately. I have tried to get the L382 on my Aus license to no avail, as it has never been registered here. She is basically the same ship as the C130h... "but that is military, sir"...?

No need to do so unless you need to operate OS on a validation of your Aus license, (and I believe that an FAA ATP would serve you better there anyway). Your hours on type are still valid as they were gained under the FAA.

HJ

Eddington the Rodger
12th Feb 2003, 22:24
Thanx for all the responses.
The type is in CAO 40.1.
Its a C560XL...when I get back to Aus I will go and see Casa.
Again thank you all..

jib
13th Feb 2003, 02:27
Eddington the Rodger,
there is a C560XL registered here but arm yourself with all the paper work you can find, It took me 9 months to get a jet onto my license and there were a couple already here.
You get quiet used to "but now we need this bit of paper"
Cheers.