PDA

View Full Version : Heli-Expo (helpful event information)

Flight Safety
8th Feb 2003, 19:23
My purpose in starting this thread, is to provide a means where we can exchange some helpful information about Heli-Expo, while the event is in progress.

I'd like to start with the following questions. Does anyone know what Dallas area airport, the flight demo helicopters will be located at? Specifically, does anyone know at what airport the S-92 will be located at? I found out today that it will not be located in the Sikorsky area in the exhibit hall (but an S-76 is there).

Thanks for your help.

Nick Lappos
10th Feb 2003, 05:08
FS,
The S-92 is down at the heliport each day, come by the Sikorsky booth and look me up for a trip there. This also goes for any ppruners, please look me up at the booth, I would enjoy meeting you folks.

Nick Lappos

Flight Safety
10th Feb 2003, 09:35
Thanks Nick, I'll see you there.

Happy Landing !
10th Feb 2003, 13:28
Nice jesture - Thank you

Flight Safety
11th Feb 2003, 02:45
Nick, I can't begin to tell you how much my wife and I enjoyed meeting you today. You and John and Bruce made us both feel like royalty. All of you, including the extremely nice man who drove the van, couldn't have been more gracious to us.

John allowed me to observe the full pre-flight briefing. At the helipad, Bruce gave us a detailed walk around of the aircraft. He also allowed us to step inside the aircaft to look at the cockpit, and all of the test equipment you guys still have on board in the cabin area. We witnessed several minutes of flybys near the helipad, due to a planned photo op John worked out in the pre-flight briefing. We got our pictures taken with the S-92, we got hats and coffee mugs, we got the works.

On behalf of my wife and I, thank you, thank you, thank you. This was the absolute highlight of our Heli-Expo experience.

Dynamic Component
11th Feb 2003, 03:08
Good on Ya Nick and Sikorsky!!!!

Nick Lappos
11th Feb 2003, 05:25
FS,

You are certainly most welcome. I have flown professionally since 1968, and based on the hundreds of aviotors and enthusiasts I have been lucky enough to have met, I feel as though there is a bond between all of us. No matter where from, and with all out varied backgrounds, we all share that love of flying. Good luck to you and your lovely wife, and keep that love of flying, OK?

Nick