View Full Version : EK Selection - Unable to attend

Straight & Level
8th Feb 2003, 13:48
I have recently been invited for selection at Emirates but was unable to attend as I was in Australia and did not return to the UK until after the date of the interview. I contacted the person who sent the e-mail inviting my for selection, and explained my reasons for not being able to attend and they asked me to send an e-mail confirming the reasons. I sent the e-mail about two weeks ago and have not heard anything from EK.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? Have I blown my chances or is there still a hope?

Ta

binkyburdett
8th Feb 2003, 15:22
If you've got a genuine reason, as indeed you have, and explain it to them they should certainly get back to you. They are extremely busy at the mo so bear with them . They need bums in seats so stay patient

Straight & Level
8th Feb 2003, 16:18
Thanks binkyburdett, you sound like you know what you're talking about!

Do you think it would be too pushy to send another e-mail explaining that I am now back home and can attend selection anytime or shall I sit tight?

Your opinion is appreciated.

Dumpvalve
9th Feb 2003, 04:11
Send them another e-mail, you have nothing to lose, it shows them you are really still very keen.

Good Luck!

purr
9th Feb 2003, 05:30
I know ofsomeone who missed a interview, apart from an email he also made a call explaining the reasons,might help, you have nothing to lose making the call.This guy GOT SELECTED.ALL THE BEST:D

binkyburdett
9th Feb 2003, 11:43
I don't think it's pushy to email at all, they are a nice bunch in recruitment. A telephone call is not a bad idea and helps so they can put a voice to a name. All the best and hope you make it, I like it out here!

faq
9th Feb 2003, 18:49
I had an EK interview date a couple of years ago but due to being delayed 24 hours down route then diverting on the trip back I ended up missing the flight out to DXB. My friend in crewing e mailed EK when it was obvious I would not get to DXB in time and I e mailed them on my delayed return to the UK and I have never heard from them again.

BUSTACLOUD
14th Feb 2003, 12:01
straight and level

No problems!

I changed the interview date 3 times!! I personally spoke to one of the recruitment personnel every time until the third time she gave me a list of dates. When you ring be polite,and give a good reason.Her name was revathy she was very helpful and after the third time even had a bit of a rapor MUCH MUCH better than emailing.

Cheers

Just had reference checks completed.

Waiting for a go ahead for pre medical.

PS when i arrived for the 1st day of interviews she personally came into the room where the four of us were and said "so you are ******,glad to finally meet you,good luck over the next three days."

So do not worry ifyou have to change dates,just ring and speak to the one who sent you the email and stay with that person.

Good luck:D :D

Straight & Level
15th Feb 2003, 14:00
Bustacloud and others,

Thanks for your replies. I was contacted again by Emirates and I am now on SBY for March selection.

Any advice on "tentative" booking of flights to DXB?

Fingers crossed for a call, by the way how soon or late can I be expected to hear?

Cheers again.